Search results

1. Mark249

Need help venting a shower...

Installing a corner shower in my bathroom and not sure how to vent it. I have to connect my shower drain to my sink drain that is already vented, can I run my shower drain 8 feet and use my sink and toilet vent, not sure if running my shower drain 8 foot to my vent is too far. The picture below...
  2. Mark249

Can shower tile end over your wall transition joint?

I'm installing my cement backer board for my shower, it will butt against my drywall to make a transition joint. I wanted to extend the tile out to the end of my shower base then drop down to the floor with a bull nose running up to the ceiling for a finished edge, only problem is the bull nose...
  3. Mark249

Can you run propane through a natural gas valve?

My daughter picked up a used 2 year old hot water heater just so we could get hot water back in the house. In the mean time as I was getting ready to remove the boiler mate that was leaking and I noticed the leak was from coming from a plastic drain valve under the tank, put a nipple in and a...
  4. Mark249

Can you use a carpenter level as a plumbing level for drain pitch slope?

I re-adjusted my pipe hangers again and put it at a 5 inch drop for 20 foot. Purchased a 10 inch plumbing level that has the pitch marks on the bubble site and with the 5 inch drop it shows me at a 1/4 inch per foot. I guess that digital carpenters level may be good to show angles but not...
  5. Mark249

I put the level on the bottom of my floor and it's right on the money, showing level. I adjusted all my hangers and ran the pipe with my digital level, it was showing 1/4 inch all the way to the end, I also took a measurement for my drop at the end and I'm still off, level says 1/4 inch all the...
  6. Mark249

I never did put the level on the bottom of the floor in the basement to see if it was level or not, it's a new built so I assumed it was, I'll check it to see if it's off. As long as I can use a 4 foot carpenter lever I'd rather use that anyways, it shows me a lit digital readout which is easy...
  7. Mark249

I'm running 3 inch pvc pipe 20 foot horizontally from my toilet to my septic drain. From the beginning to end of my first 10 foot length I should have a 2 1/2 inch drop from my floor which will give me a 1/4" pitch, I add a coupling and another 10 foot length and I should have a 5 inch drop at...
  8. Mark249

How long horizontally can I run a drain line?

I also have a stationary tub on the first floor which my washer machine water goes into, I need to run a 2" drain line horizontally 30' along my basement wall to a long sweep 90, and then another 30' to my sump pit, 60' total. Anything special I should do with that line?
  9. Mark249

How long horizontally can I run a drain line?

My septic pipe is on one side of my home and my fixtures are on the other side about 30 foot away. Can I run 2" PVC from my shower and bathroom sink (which would be 2 lines) 30 feet to my 4" septic pipe? I also have to run a 3" toilet drain line horizontally across my basement too, is that too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks