Search results

1. Glimmerman

Basement Bathroom Venting Questions

Oh, that sounds promising. I could get a 2" pipe (I believe this is good enough vent size to handle toilet, sink, tub, and washing machine) and get it up into the attic fairly easily by following alongside the main stack. Does the vent have to be secured every so often? What with? Then I...
  2. Glimmerman

Basement Bathroom Venting Questions

New to this, and looking forward to learning lots as I slowly tackle the installation of a bathroom in my basement. There is no rough-in, everything will be from scratch. The location I have chosen I think is ideal because it is accessible for water supply lines easily, and the drain line is...
  3. Glimmerman

Subfloor instead of breaking concrete?

I probably have to break up the concrete somewhat anyways because I have to move the location that the soil stack enters my basement floor, so you are probably right, best to avoid a sub floor. But how do I know where to get the cuts made to tap into the existing plumbing? In the room right...
  4. Glimmerman

Subfloor instead of breaking concrete?

I want to put a bathroom in my basement with minimal concrete breaking, has anyone tried putting in like a 6" subfloor to plumb through? How high should the subfloor be?
  5. Glimmerman

Saniflow - experience anyone?

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.
  6. Glimmerman

Soil Stack Question

Glad to hear it can be moved, at least my plan is possible, although from what I am reading this is going to be a lot of work, but that is ok with me. I am just working on a diagram to share with everyone, and get some initial input.
  7. Glimmerman

Saniflow - experience anyone?

Anybody have any comments about a Saniflow macerating system? I want to install a toilet, sink, shower, and jacuzzi tub in my basement, this might be an easy way to do it if it is reliable. *edit* My drain line is in the cement in my basement, so I should not need one of these
  8. Glimmerman

Soil Stack Question

Is it possible to relocate a soil stack? Can it be bent, or does it always have to drop straight down? I want to put a bathroom into my basement, but the stack currently drops down right where I want to put a bathtub. I am sure this will be the first of many questions as I dive into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks