Soil Stack Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Glimmerman, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Glimmerman

Glimmerman New Member

Is it possible to relocate a soil stack? Can it be bent, or does it always have to drop straight down?

I want to put a bathroom into my basement, but the stack currently drops down right where I want to put a bathtub.

I am sure this will be the first of many questions as I dive into the world of a DIY basement bathroom.

I am a novice to this, but I love learning, and everyone has to start somewhere!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

No, it doesn't have to run straight down, but any horizontal section needs to have a slope down of around 1/4" per foot. Depending on where the pipe goes once it enters the floor, it might be a lot of work to relocate it, though.
  3. Glimmerman

Glimmerman New Member

Glad to hear it can be moved, at least my plan is possible, although from what I am reading this is going to be a lot of work, but that is ok with me.

I am just working on a diagram to share with everyone, and get some initial input.