Search results

1. Scott123

Cast Iron to PVC Fernco Donut Woes

Thanks, everyone I got it in. Pretty much :) There's about a 1/4" gap between the PVC and the cast iron pipe. It's messing with my OCD, but, I've hammered it enough and, as far as I can recall, the old steel pipe that was in there with lead had a gap as well. I ground down the CI opening...
  2. Scott123

This is the type of coupling I'm using: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/connecting-into-old-cast-iron-hub-help.91843/#post-662638 When the donut is inside the cast iron, there's presently no way I can slide the PVC into the donut.
  3. Scott123

Based on my pipe dimensions and a call to Fernco, I've got the right donut size. Without the PVC, the donut slides into the CI pretty comfortably, and, outside the CI, the PVC slides in as well. But, inside the CI, no amount of manhandling is getting this PVC pipe into this coupling. I've...
  4. Scott123

Fernco with a Lead Pipe

:) no, no toothpaste cap. The lead pipe started to split at the connection. It was a strange connection- at the turn of an elbow. I'm sure a plumber could describe it better, but I'm not a plumber. It's just a thought, but an embedded vector drawing program would be great for a forum...
  5. Scott123

Fernco with a Lead Pipe

It's a lead drain pipe running through the kitchen ceiling, coming from a 2nd floor bathroom sink. Removing the entire pipe would pretty much involve trashing most of the kitchen ceiling. It's well supported. The lead pipe runs through a hole in a joist and the fernco is only a couple inches...
  6. Scott123

Fernco with a Lead Pipe

I've got an elderly plumber who's been plumbing since WWII who, today, just installed a fernco union between a 1 1/2" PVC and 1 1/2" lead pipe. I asked him if the fernco would work with the soft lead pipe, and he assured me it would. I just did a quick web search, and, from the couple of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks