Search results

1. Chad D.

Water Softener, In need of a new system...

Awesome input, thank you! I’ll need to read that a few times to process and decipher what you’re saying, as this isn’t within my normal day to day lingo… KL. AI03. Two terms I need to learn about… I’d only suggested birm because that’s what a neighbor uses..
  2. Chad D.

I’ve got a 6” well, with no real easy way to dump water back in the top. Since my well is in the corner of my pump house, everything goes right in the top. I can remove the 1/2” vent tube, but that’s about it if I need to keep the pump in operation. To be honest, I tried to read through...
  3. Chad D.

Ok. It’s been 3 years since installing this, and now I’ve got trouble… Our pump was pulled a few months ago, after it quit working one day. Easy fix, was due to a small nick in a wire. New wire was installed and back into the well went the pump. Recently, we’re getting a foul taste in our...
  4. Chad D.

Pump just died. Help!!!

Oddly, the chafe was more of a break in the insulation than a rub-type chafe. The wires were taped to the poly about every 3-4 feet, and I have the plastic frisbee looking disks snapped onto the poly every 5-6 feet. The wires didn’t rub against to well casing unless it happened during...
  5. Chad D.

Pump just died. Help!!!

Yes, agreed. Not deep though, so a fairly simple fix. Took a couple hours.
  6. Chad D.

Pump just died. Help!!!

All fixed up. Had a chafe in the yellow wire, about 50’ down. Replaced all wire with new double shielded, and we’re back in business.
  7. Chad D.

Pump just died. Help!!!

I’ll check continuity between ground and each of the three wires to the pump. I haven’t done that yet…. Guessing one will be bad news. Might also note that when I energized the circuit with the pressure switch uncovered, the big flash/sparky episode appeared to only be from one side of the...
  8. Chad D.

Pump just died. Help!!!

100% sure it is a 220/230/240V circuit and pump. Double-pole breaker, fer sure. Correct on the 3-wire pump, but only one capacitor on the inside of the control box lid. Other than seeing that the little burst disc is still flat and white, I have not performed any diagnostics on the...
  9. Chad D.

Pump just died. Help!!!

Ok, I’m just guessing that the pump died. Hoping to get some troubleshooting help on this. The skinny on my system and what happened today: Well is ~60’ deep. Makes ~6 gpm 1/2hp pump is set at ~53’. I believe it’s an 8 gpm pump at that depth, but can’t quite remember. We don’t run out...
  10. Chad D.

Softener is pumping out resin

The pieces are very small. Like synthetic sand...
  11. Chad D.

I'll meter the discharge rate and see what happens! Hoping this is just a new system settling in...
  12. Chad D.

New softener is all setup and running, with many thanks to you folks here! I followed the initial setup instructions, and have it in service. I set it to regen on the first night, and noticed a bunch of resin was discharged from the drain when I walked by it the next morning... I call...
  13. Chad D.

Picked it all up today and got it unloaded at home. I’ll get it all planned out and pick up pipe and fittings in the next few days, and then find a time when the family will be out of my hair for a few hours so I can get it all put together without the stress of having the water off for a...
  14. Chad D.

Picking up today. Can this thing be transported laying down? Or does it need to be vertical? Not sure if the resin is installed at factory...
  15. Chad D.

It is an IX, from what I gather. Will confirm. I buy a TON of parts through this place for work, and we do have pretty good negotiated pricing. a spin down filter is under $50, and a 4.5 x 20” big blue with DGD filter is about $75! This may work splendidly. I really appreciate...
  16. Chad D.

Ok. Checked around and did my best to track down a Clack outfit near me. Emailed Clack, who sent me to their west coast rep in CA. Called them, and was forwarded to the regional distributor in Portland, OR. A call to them landed me with a dealer in Eugene, which is within 30 minutes. I...
  17. Chad D.

Thank you. That all makes sense! We have experienced our raw water, and there is no sulfur or rotten odors. It just turns stuff brown...
  18. Chad D.

i do agree that overkill is always the bare minimum that a person should be willing to accept! On a system, such as the Clack WS1, do you think that the salt consumption will be 50% higher with a 1.5 cu ft resin capacity than it would for a 1.0? I am likely overthinking... In other words...
  19. Chad D.

Very cool info and advice on the softener, maintenance treatments, and hydra filter. I believe I’m headed for success! sizing... was I accurate on my estimate for the softener grain “volume”? In my limited research, it seems that going too big is more of a waste than a benefit. Should I...
  20. Chad D.

And other than the softener, I’m guessing it’s a good plan to do a filter of some type before anything else? Any specific recommendations on they stuff for what I am working with?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks