Toilet Under the Rim needs a good clean and I need a good stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

pdrunk

Reaction score
So...
I've got a stubborn stain along the inside of the top rim of the toilet. I have used Super Iron Out to get at it which would work fine, but I can't keep the water up to the rim for the whole 15 minutes. In fact, all of it goes down the drain. I tried stopping it up with a towel and a 4 or 5" flat stopper but the toilet drain is an odd shape. I've tried stuffing a plastic bag full of a pebbles into it even and still the water drains. How can I keep the water level up for the full 15 minutes. I have a picture of the toilet drain, but I don't have a site that I can host it from, so if you are seriously going to help me, I can send you the pic It's kind of oval shaped. Any way, any help will do. Thanks.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Must be a Toto. If you had a Kohler ,stopping it up would be easy, just put a little bit of poop and maybe some paper and she will stop up good.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
How about putting the cleaner in a spray bottle and keep the area wet for 15-20 minutes?

Reach4

Reaction score
You could try a heavy duty balloon or a thin blow-up beach ball like toy.

Reaction score
Know no. But for such cleaning I've used a "J-handle" scrubber pad that I've kept saturated with a pro-strong lime remover. Wouldn't that be a much more concentrated cleaner? Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks