Bathtub spouts with diverters

Users who are viewing this thread

Leah F.

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion about tub spouts with diverters? This seems less expensive than buying a transfer valve, but maybe I will be getting what I paid for? I am wondering if tub spouts with diverters are prone to leaking?

I am looking at a Kohler Bancroft tub spout with diverter for my tub-shower combo and wondering if anyone has known them to leak? If they do leak, are they easy to replace the part that might be leaking?

Thanks.

LF

Reach4

Reaction score
I am wondering if tub spouts with diverters are prone to leaking?
Depends how you define leaking. Delta RP17454 and RP17453 dribble less water into the tub that most, but they will dribble a little. That is normal; I would not call it a leak.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They SHOULD, that way, after you turn the water off, the water will "dribble" out and the diverter will open, so the next user does not get a shot of cold water in his face when the faucet is turned on. Delta's "pull down diverter" is spring loaded so it immediately opens when the faucet is turned off, therefore it does not have to "dribble".

Leah F.

Reaction score
HJ,

Thank you for clarifying what Reach4 meant by the dribble being "normal". Now we won't walk away thinking there is some weird flaw specific to spout diverters and I will seriously consider one in order to save money on a transfer valve and trim.

LF

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks