Plumbing on wall not centered on sink

Users who are viewing this thread

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
I specifically told the plumber that we had a 36" vanity and that I wanted the sink center-mounted. The vanity was on-site. We lengthened the wall and the wall was down to studs only. He was supposed to extend the current plumbing over to where the vanity would be placed. Well, he has the center of the wall pipe coming out at around 16 1/2" to maybe 16 3/4" instead of 18". Is this a problem?

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
If this is above finished floor then no, he will just use a longer tailpeice to connect the trap.And if it to one side or the other it should work fine, with the trap swing and or a 45 or 22 fitting on the end of the stub out.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It gets really critical for things like a pedestal sink, or, if the vanity has limited space, but in general, it works fine if there's a slight offset. It can be much more problematic if the height of the outlet at the wall is not adequate for the depth of the sink...water doesn't flow uphill!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks