Recent content by xrt678

1. xrt678

Power Shot (A.O. Smith) doesn't switch on automatically

Thank you! I think I'm getting closer to finding the answer.
  2. xrt678

Power Shot (A.O. Smith) doesn't switch on automatically

My gas water heater switches off before the water has been properly heated to temperature and/or doesn't automatically switch on when it should (like after a shower and running the dishwasher). It's about 9 years old, 50 gallon. What I have been doing is manually switching off the power vent...
  3. xrt678

turn water off for 10-week absence?

This is the response I got... Thank you for your email. I would recommend contacting a heating/cooling contractor to address you concerns regarding an appropriate thermostat setting for while you are gone. :confused: ...thanks for the great help, electric company!
  4. xrt678

Thank you! There are specific temps recommended for condos which is my situation.
  5. xrt678

This is great JerryR! I emailed my electric company to ask about specifics, but the 72 for a couple of pre-dawn hours and then to 84 the rest of the time sounds excellent.
  6. xrt678

Thank you! That makes sense.
  7. xrt678

But these are the summer months. So it could get blazing inside the house. You'd leave the AC off? ...and the heat on?! It will definitely not get down to 45 F.
  8. xrt678

I don't have a swimming pool or irrigation. Are there any recommendations for the gaskets in the faucets and such drying out? My water heater is gas...with a fan for ventilation. I was planning on switching it off (the fan and water heater). Thank you for the point about the ice maker. And...
  9. xrt678

Thank you - when turning off the water should I shut BOTH valves? There are two - one that is 'owned by the city' on the wall-side of the meter and then the one owned by me, on the other side of the meter.
  10. xrt678

Hello, I have received mixed advice on this question. I'll be leaving my condo for the summer and have a friend checking on the place 1x week. Would you recommend shutting the water off? Some have said this releases pressure in the system and gaskets dry out. I actually had an issue of this...
  11. xrt678

professional fix of a sewage line look ok?

Thank you so much. That gives me peace of mind. I appreciate it.
  12. xrt678

professional fix of a sewage line look ok?

Hello, I wanted to ask if this fix to my sewage line was to code and what would be considered professional. I called a plumbing service because the seam of the coupling (to the right of the yellow seal) was leaking/seeping. The plumber cut the PVC sewer line in three places put in a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks