Recent content by Wryter

1. W

My Silicone is siliGONE!

Short timer I'm saying that several faucets where I've used the silicone grease quickly get "sticky" again. I've got one filtered-water faucet (cold line) where I grease the O-rings, and six WEEKS later the faucet is squeaky and balky again. The two Moen faucets in a bathroom where I've tried...
  2. W

My Silicone is siliGONE!

Yo - great minds of the plumbing industry. Solve this for me, please. Over the years I've repaired/replaced many a faucet - and have used several brands of silicone paste. So? Well - I've noticed that the silicone that's on the various plumbing parts seems to last a LOT LONGER than the...
  3. W

Sillcock blues. . .

Diff-runt strokes Sillcocks aren't larger - just different. And you're right - I've gotta get an adapter, sweat it on the pipe, then thread on the sillcock. It will only stick out maybe another half inch or so. I think. . .(sometimes) But hey - this job is easy compared to the Moen inserts...
  4. W

Sillcock blues. . .

Trying to 'splain OK - here's the build-up. Coming out of the concrete wall is a 1/2"copper pipe - sticks out about two inches. I thought there were threads ON the copper pipe, but no. There's a hose bibb with a Male threaded connection going into the house supply. INSIDE this connection, the...
  5. W

Sillcock blues. . .

Got new quarter-turn sillcocks for the outside of my house - I "thought"the old ones had female threads screwed onto male brass threads on a fitting that was soldered to 1/2"copper pipe. But - on closer inspection, I see that the old hose bibbs are actually MALE threaded, and the 1/2"copper is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks