Recent content by Toto

1. Toto

Can I install a compact front load washer in the place of the dishwasher?

I am not trying to get an answer to my liking. However, I have raised many questions above, and only few were answered anyway. I am thinking I would need to find a physicists' forum to get most of my questions answered. Plumbers seem to look for answers only in their codes, but seem to have...
  2. Toto

I all sounds very nice with the licensed plumbers, however, they seem to have their hands tied bu the code, which seems to ask for a 2'' drain piping if you want to drain a washer. And I doubt that this rule differentiates between washers with different capacities etc. I have doubts that the...
  3. Toto

This is exactly why I asked for opinions here - I was afraid some of the plumbers I contacted are more like handymen who would take the cash for the work but leave me with troubles to deal. Now I also see what you meant regarding the standpipe. I had no idea it should be measured from the...
  4. Toto

See, here is my problem: I do not have 'the Code' and I do not know what is the required height for a standpipe. On picture I above you will see the heights that I have - I have 84 cm if measured from the floor, whereas the washer's manual requires a standpipe with a minimum height of 76 cm...
  5. Toto

I guess you have not read my first post to its very end. I do NOT intend to do the job myself. I will hire a plumber. What got me concerned, however, was the fact that some plumbers said they could not do this job, whereas others said they could but asked for over $500, and third plumbers said...
  6. Toto

Hi, Thanks for your reply! I do agree that the two machines might have different pumps. What I do not understand is the part where you talk about 'if the device has been tested'' ..... What do you mean? Could it be on the market with this manual if it has not been tested? This is also a very...
  7. Toto

Just to clarify: the black line on picture 3 is over the current drain of my washer. And below are extracts of the washer's manual.
  8. Toto

Hello, I am happy that I found this forum. But I am not a pro, so I did not understand all of the stuff that I have read here so far, and could not find a solution to the problem that I face. So I hope you could help me. I would like to install a 24'' front load washer in the place of the...
  9. Toto

Drain size for washer in Canada

Does this plumbing code differentiate between the different types and sizes of washers? I am asking, because I am trying to get a plumber install a compact, 2.2 cu ft., 24'' wide, front load washer in the place of my dishwasher in my kitchen. And despite the fact that the washer's manual asks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks