Recent content by Titan2015

1. Titan2015

Trap Offset

With regard to the vent, I don't see how it is any different than this system other than my toilet is downstream of the bathtub.
  2. Titan2015

Trap Offset

The entire system is in the photos I posted in this thread. The only thing not hooked up is the toilet. What is the maximum a trap can be offset from the drain?
  3. Titan2015

Trap Offset

Sorry, here are a few pictures of the rest of the system.
  4. Titan2015

Trap Offset

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/horizontal-wet-vent-questions.69580/ This is a wet vent.
  5. Titan2015

Trap Offset

What about the trap offset? I believe for 1 1/2" pipe, the trap arm can be 72". This would mean only 4" offset of the trap. Is this acceptable?
  6. Titan2015

Trap Offset

I need to offset the trap for my bathtub by 16" in order to maintain a 60" trap arm length. I have dry fit all my connections. Are there any issues with this before I glue it up?
  7. Titan2015

Replacing Chimney

Our chimney is currently servicing only the gas hot water heater. Chimney runs through the linen closet in the master bath, which reduces closet depth to about 12". I also have concerns regarding the condition of the chimney. I would like to remove it and replace with double wall vent. In the...
  8. Titan2015

Horizontal Wet Vent Questions

Double checked when I got home, There is no way to fit a 2" pipe without notching the floor joist. For the shower, I am over the 5' trap arm length, measured right at 6'. Does the trap need to be located directory beneath the drain opening? Also, what is the maximum length from the drain...
  9. Titan2015

Yes, that is an accurate representation of what I am looking to do. I believe I have 5' max trap arm distance based on this reference http://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/1623s.jpg
  10. Titan2015

Right. Sorry, I didn't state my question clearly. I am asking for an alternative if I don't want to replace the existing 1 1/2" vent with 2" due to the floor joist. Would we need to vent the shower and toilet as I illustrated?
  11. Titan2015

Terry, Thanks for the quick reply. I was concerned that the 1 1/2" vent would be too small for the group. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that a 2" vent is feasible in this wall due to the location of a floor joist directly below it. I have attached a photo showing the 1 1/2" from above and below...
  12. Titan2015

We are in the process of remodeling the bathroom in our ranch-style home, and the time has come to address the plumbing. The previous setup used a horizontal wet vent to serve the bathroom group (single sink vanity, bathtub, and toilet). I am hoping that we can continue to use this same vent set...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks