Recent content by Tim222

1. Tim222

J-bend that has threads on both ends: what is it called?

What is the non-standard one called? Is there a term used to describe that non-threaded end?
  2. Tim222

J-bend that has threads on both ends: what is it called?

EDIT: Finally found one like the one on the right. I need to find a 1-1/4 J-bend with threads on both ends. I don't know what that kind of J-bend is called. So far the ones I've found online have threads only on the taller end of the J, and a smooth flange on the other.
  3. Tim222

Do these old stub pipes typically have a set screw or just use a caulk seal

Thanks, 777. I neglected to mention that this is an upstairs bath.
  4. Tim222

Thank you, James Henry. You were right about the solder. Does that threaded ring get soldered around the old sleeve? Then a compression gasket and the compression nut are used to establish the new seal with the waste pipe?
  5. Tim222

Late 1940s/early 1950s vanity drain pipe. The metal nut that connects to the trap has corroded and crumbled to dust, so I need to replace the drain pipe. But it won't budge in the stub that comes up out of the tiled floor. The former owners tiled over tile, so I don't know if there's a set...
  6. Tim222

Pennsylvania: smooth-walled flexible Schedule 40 PVC pipe in waste application

Sometime people buy mail-order and cannot see what's on the pipe. I can see that the rigid Schedule 40 says NSF-dwv.
  7. Tim222

The vendor's tech support got back to me and told me it is not approved for DWV applications.
  8. Tim222

Is flexible (but smooth-interior-walled, not accordion) Schedule 40 PVC pipe to code in PA for a residential sink drain? It would go inside the wall and replace an elbow. Otherwise the drain is normal.
  9. Tim222

I might have messed up big-time with drain pipe rough-in location

Believe me, I believe you. But lowering the fitting in the wall is not possible -- there are just too many obstructions inside the wall. Raising the vanity sink by only 5" is not possible. I'd have to raise it by more than that (about 9") by totally replacing the undermount sink (already...
  10. Tim222

Where can I find code on p-trap for PA?

Where can I find the section of plumbing code (for PA) specifically relating to the maximum length of the vertical run as indicated in the attached diagram? Thanks
  11. Tim222

Thanks for the links, Smooky. There is a popup assembly in the tailpiece. I take it there is simply no way to use 90-degree PVC elbow and drop a vertical pipe from it to the correct length, possibly together with the J-Bend-Lo-Inlet?
  12. Tim222

The angle of the photo makes them look the same height. The sink bottom is 1" above the drain.
  13. Tim222

I am a DIYer. The drain connects to the main vent 24" o.c. from the floor: roof || || || || ||...............\__sink__/ ||=====O || || || || ________________________________ A different deeper sink was chosen. The bottom of this sink is 25" from the floor. The standard wall piece and P-trap...
  14. Tim222

spigot-style flange that fits into 3" hub: waxless seal options or toilet options

Because of some structural issues in the floor joists due to long-term moisture damage, we had to sister the waste-pipe bay joists with LVL, reducing the cross-section space between them; a 4" waste elbow wouldn't fit inside, and we had to transition the 4" waste pipe to a 3-inch elbow. Maybe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks