Recent content by TheBreeze

1. TheBreeze

Leaky Delta Kitchen Faucet

Here's a picture showing where I beleive I see the water coming from. Either I need a new sprayer hose, or a new washer in the hose where it threads into the faucet. I'm pretty sure the leak is NOT coming from where the hose threads onto the faucet (plumber's tape end visible). So, is there a...
  2. TheBreeze

Leaky Delta Kitchen Faucet

I have a Delta Kitchen faucet. It was leaking under the sink, so I got a rebuild kit and replaced all the parts--the two springs and rubber seats for hot and cold water, the cam and cam seal, plus the two o-rings that you have to remove the spout part to get at. There are still some drips below...
  3. TheBreeze

Is there a way to replace closet bolt without removing the toilet?

I had found some water around the furnace, so I had a son flush the toilet while I was looking directly at the toilet drain pipe. About 4 ounces of water came out...Yuk! So, I put in a new wax ring. I picked up a bunch of extra items with the intention of retuning what I didn't use. When I...
  4. TheBreeze

The toilet sits just above the furnace in the basement. There's a lot of water around the furnace right now, so the installation must have had something go wrong. I can see a little bit of water on the vertical pipe that goes to the main drain pipe which connects all the sinks. It was really...
  5. TheBreeze

As I wrote in the original post, "one closet bolt was rusty and loose. In fact, it came right out." I would have left the other "regular" closet bolt in place because it was pristine.
  6. TheBreeze

OK, I replaced the wax ring and closet bolts, using brass bolts that were 1/16" larger than the ones I removed. Although one old bolt was so rusted it didn't even hold any more, the other was pristine--it was easy to unscrew the nut (no rust!). I found some plastic closet bolts in my "plumbing...
  7. TheBreeze

Thanks, guys. I'm fairly expericed with home repairs, and didn't see a way to replace that closet bolt without removing the fixture. It was a shot in the dark to see if there was some "old plumber's trick" or special fastener to save the time and trouble, and no shock to find out there isn't...
  8. TheBreeze

Hi All, My wife was cleaning around the toilet and discovered that one closet bolt was rusty and loose. In fact, it came right out. I had to remove the toilet three years ago to paper behind it, so these closet bolts are only three years old! (At that time, I used new closet bolts and a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks