TF52
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My home was built in 1996 in central virginia. I have lived in this home for 10 years. I found out that my pipes are made of polybutylene - and the product name is Quest. I am told that Quest pipes are prone to leakage and that some homeowners replace their plumbing systems because of this. I also read on the internet that the bad Quest plumbing is black in color and was no longer in use after the 80's . My pipes are light gray in color and 3/4 " in diameter and on them is printed " QEST ". Are my gray Quest pipes as bad as the black ones? My plumber said that everyone in my area with homes built in the early 90's have this same type of pipes. I would like advice on whether I should replumb the home or just wait it out and be glad if I never spring a leak.
    Thanks in advance for your answer(s) !
    TF
    My home was built in 1996 in central virginia. I have lived in this home for 10 years. I found out that my pipes are made of polybutylene - and the product name is Quest. I am told that Quest pipes are prone to leakage and that some homeowners replace their plumbing systems because of this. I also read on the internet that the bad Quest plumbing is black in color and was no longer in use after the 80's . My pipes are light gray in color and 3/4 " in diameter and on them is printed " QEST ". Are my gray Quest pipes as bad as the black ones? My plumber said that everyone in my area with homes built in the early 90's have this same type of pipes. I would like advice on whether I should replumb the home or just wait it out and be glad if I never spring a leak.
    Thanks in advance for your answer(s) !
    TF
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks