Recent content by Sunseteco

1. Sunseteco

Gastite pipe...

Ok. perhaps staying away from the flexpipe and sticking with the black steel pipe is the best way to go. was just trying to make this job easier. thank you for the replies.
  2. Sunseteco

Gastite pipe...

helping my dad redo his laundry room and we are moving the gas line for his dryer. the old line that still there has a bunch of reducer fittings below and above the floor and he wants to replace everything. I know you cant run flexible gas line up thru the floor, which is what he wanted to do...
  3. Sunseteco

Bathroom fan sizing

Well I have been scouring the web and have tried all the calculations to determine a new fan size. I am almost done installing my new tub and shower (just a tub previously) and I am thinking that a new fan is not a bad idea, since I will now have a shower also. Now the bathroom is just about 8x8...
  4. Sunseteco

Tile bead kit for alcove (3 wall recessed)

Still not sure on this...….I have the tub installed, leveled and slightly resting on the ledger boards. I would still like to fasten the tub to the studs somehow. Since there is no flange, I am hesitant to drill through the tub lip that goes downward, under the tub. Is that ok or not with this...
  5. Sunseteco

Thanks Cacher, I was also thinking about running a boarder of either metal flashing or sheet metal around the perimeter where the tub meets the studs and then caulking that gap as well. I am not sure if that's common practice or not but it sounds god on paper. This is my first attempt at a job...
  6. Sunseteco

I am getting ready to install a new American standard tub that does not have a tile flange. It says in the instructions to install a tile bead kit. I have been reading about said kit and am kind of skeptical on using it as a lot of people have had problems using it. whether it is being pushed...
  7. Sunseteco

Length of new bathtub

I am looking to install a new bathtub. The space I currently have for the length is just over 68 inches. I was curious if its possible to purchase a 72 inch tub and trim the rear deck roughly 4 inches to fit the space? I am not sure if this is recommended or anyone on here has ever done it...
  8. Sunseteco

Newbie here....Want more water from shower head

I guess I am just confused...even though I haven't done actual flow tests on other faucets, You can see and hear a higher pressure from other faucets in the house. Pressure from the other faucets in the house are fine except in the shower. All copper lines are 1/2". Since I have gutted the...
  9. Sunseteco

access to the valve and piping is already easy. I have a panel that is held in place with a few screws and is at chest height in my closet. I have not performed an actual flow test. Its just a visual test of watching the water flow when turned on 100 percent between different faucets. I am not...
  10. Sunseteco

Hello to everyone. I am new to the forum. I have been reading on this forum for a while on several obstacles I have encountered in my house, and have conquered most of them, haha. But now I have run into a problem and I am looking for some advice and know how. My house has a shallow well and has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks