Recent content by Sunk

1. S

Install 6" PVC cleanout to terra cotta drain tiles

HJ, what brand has that expanding head (or at least the most popular brand)?
  2. S

When I have been here to watch them do the job, they used old Spartans. I am very disappointed that the guys didn't suggest other solutions. I have been using that company since 96 when I bought this house. I think its time for a change. Might call roto router. Definately going to have an...
  3. S

The inside lines are clear. 1/2 have been replaced with PVC last year due to improper slope causing rotted cast iron. My outside cleanout is only a few feet from the house. I have dug up most of that area. I did have a large root running straight down into the place where the cast iron...
  4. S

Just to confirm, there is no need to modify the physical pipes. Just get the rootx in there, wait a few months, have it snaked with the bend in the line (I like that modified short extension), and retreat with rootx. Follow up with yearly rootx treatments.
  5. S

I just followed that rootx link. Do you recommend that small can that I poor into the cleanout and flush a toilet or some form of commercial process that insures the pipe is fully saturated (Truck shows up with giant hose).
  6. S

I have many trees and there are many small breaches throughout the line. Just one in particular is nasty. I don't want to kill the trees. I used root-x the first year I lived here. Not sure how effective it was as it backed up a few days later and they had to resnake. I wasn't so sure...
  7. S

Background, tree roots have infiltrated a few sections of my drain. I sometimes rent a snake and use my 2.5 cutter, other times I pay it out. Last time it clogged up, they ran a camera down the pipe. I have a 75' run, the worst spot is 50' down the run at 10' depth. The condition of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks