Recent content by stephenk

1. stephenk

What's your opinion of the build quality of this Mansfield Summit 3? -PICS-

I guess I can offer a really long-term update on this, because about six months ago I did buy a Mansfield Summit and installed it in one of our bathrooms. I now own the following toilets: -Toto Drake II - made in the USA -Mansfield Cascade rimless - made in Colombia -Mansfield summit - made in...
  2. stephenk

A close look at the Mansfield Cascade rimless toilet -PICS-

Long-term review: In a few months I'll have had this Cascade for four years. It's still working really well. I haven't ever had to use a plunger. There have been some times it's needed an additional flush to clear a minor clog. The cascade is also still using all its original parts. I've...
  3. stephenk

A close look at the Mansfield Cascade rimless toilet -PICS-

Well, I've been meaning to update this, but I've been forgetting. I've now been using this toilet for more than six months. Overall, it works pretty well, especially considering the price. One note - this is installed in the basement of our 90-year-old house. The basement toilet plumbing has...
  4. stephenk

Toilet Choices?

In the most recent CR toilet test the Alto was only rated "fair" for solid waste removal and "poor" for bowl cleaning. It's one of their lowest rated models. So, in their most recent test at least, they don't "like" it. It was more highly rated in their 2009 test, though. It came in about mid pack.
  5. stephenk

Toto Aquia versus CST405MF Toto Rowan

Just a bit of info to add, I was considering the Rowan recently and emailed Toto to ask where it was made. They told me it was made in Mexico.
  6. stephenk

Toto SS114 toilet seat premature failure?

Perform a search. I believe there are a couple threads about this topic. I recently purchased the SS114 and decided to return it. I had read the reviews about early failure and I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the construction for the price. EDIT- Here's a thread to get you started...
  7. stephenk

User review on CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II, Gwenyth, Owner comments and pictures

I only used it a few times.. The first time I used it I had to scrub the bowl. It was the same issue, with marks on the back of the bowl. The second time required no scrubbing, but the old seat didn't require scrubbing every use, either. Some measurements show it to be almost the same as the...
  8. stephenk

Is my new Toto SS114 toilet seat supposed to be loose and floppy? -with video-

I don't think you understand the problem. The movement is not caused by a loose fit where the seat bolts to the toilet, that's a tight fit. The seat and lid are moving independently of the mounting flange. It seems there's lots of play in the hinge. The mounting flange is securely held to the...
  9. stephenk

I emailed them and included a link to the video before posting this thread. We'll see what they say.
  10. stephenk

I bought a Toto SS114 seat for my Drake II and it arrived today. It's made in China and very floppy. The seat's mounting flange is bolted to the bowl securely, but the seat and lid are all floppy and move independently from the mount. The seat easily moves around when in use. It seems there's...
  11. stephenk

User review on CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II, Gwenyth, Owner comments and pictures

Like you, I also have trouble with the Drake II but not a cheaper model, the Mansfield Cascade I mentioned earlier. So, I call shenanigans on the diet claim, since my Mansfield, and the cheap Eljer I used the last two years, haven't have a significant problems with burnout marks. But, in my...
  12. stephenk

Mine does the same thing, requiring scrubbing pretty much every time I use it. It is "normal," I guess. There's nothing I can see that's defective about the operation of my toilet. I've definitely been disappointed with this aspect. The toilet flushes well, but I avoid using it because it's...
  13. stephenk

Toto drake install question

The manual is very clear that the tank and bowl should touch at all three points. It took me a few tries to get it to tighten down evenly front to back. Make sure to tighten the bolts evenly, as others have said. I had to reset the tank a couple times. My Mansfield Cascade was definitely easier...
  14. stephenk

New Delta Prelude Toilets at Home Depot

I've looked at these Delta toilets at HD. If memory serves, they're made in China. I would guess they're just produced by another company and licensed by Delta. I hope it works well for you, but I personally wouldn't buy a Chinese toilet with weird proprietary parts in the tank. Finding...
  15. stephenk

Kohler Cimarron® K-3887 Toilet Review Pictures and Comments

What model are your Kohlers? I'm assuming they aren't the same model as the one listed in this thread?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks