Recent content by Soapm

1. Soapm

Furnace lights but no fan

Thanks for all the help, a furnace guy came by today and one of the wires to the blower motor had broke off. He put a terminal on it, plugged the wire back on and charged us $240. Not bad for the 20 minutes he was here. But I'm a happy camper at this point.
  2. Soapm

I don't know how to make the fan turn on and there are only two wires to the thermostat so no way to turn it on from there. I am sure it's just jumping a terminal to put AC to the motor but I have no idea how to proceed. Thanks for the response...
  3. Soapm

Our Church has two Lennox G9 furnaces. One of them works fine but the other, I can see the burner light but the fan never turns on. Then, after a while the burner goes back out, then minutes later it lights again but no fan. Anyway I can troubleshoot this? It's below zero and all the furnace...
  4. Soapm

Gooodman Furnace

So you guys are confirming that 1 year is an industry standard for commercial. Ok, didn't know that. And that we could do worse than Goodman... Thanks...
  5. Soapm

Gooodman Furnace

Thanks, I questioned the installer about the 1 year warranty and this was his response, "Yes, Industry Standard is 1 year. Maybe the very very expensive brands have more than a one year warranty, but in my 27 years of being in business I haven't seen multi year warranties. The reason for that is...
  6. Soapm

Gooodman Furnace

What do you guys think of Goodman products? http://www.goodmanmfg.com/residentialproducts/gasfurnaces/tabid/1337/default.aspx We got a new bid to install two of these 140K Btu with 2 5 ton AC condensers in our church but I never heard of Goodman. One thing I noticed is they have only a 1...
  7. Soapm

Toilet Deelimma

Yes, to the top of the bowl then to the top of the seat... Man, one of the ladies got real upset. You would think someone took her favorite seat?? Or did we??? I didn't expect that but I have the check and he'll have to come get it so we can go from there...
  8. Soapm

Toilet Deelimma

I'm not good with a measuring tape but they're taller than 16.5 but not 17. The seat is just over 17 but the seats isn't flat, they're kind of concave so they have a dull outer edge that's not too comfortable on the backside. Like a dull cut for those of us with large caboose. I'm thinking...
  9. Soapm

Toilet Deelimma

I won't be at our church until tomorrow but if there is a minimum then there must be a max. Sounds like he installed minimum when the Mother has a max? What is the range?
  10. Soapm

Toilet Deelimma

We have some seniors in the church complaining about the toilet height being too short. The church voted to spend the money so I called a plumber and asked for "taller, handicap toilets." We're a small church so this was a major investment for us ($450 for two toilets, men and women's room). The...
  11. Soapm

How much work is the heat load calc

I learned not to rush in life, patience allows you to do it once and get it right. Thinking about the Mitsubishi being 3 tons, we could install 3 of those which is 9 tons and see how it goes. Then we can always add another if needed or we can start weatherizing the building to see how that...
  12. Soapm

The problem i have is finding someone who sells and installs the Mitsubishi's in my area. The one guy we thought represented Mitsubishi quoted two traditional 80% furnaces with AC on the flat roof at the back of the church. However, I've been told many times by many contractors that our single...
  13. Soapm

I apologize, yes you've been more than good explaining and I can do the math. I thought you had some software or something that would spit out a good approximation. But I can sit down one evening at the church and see what I come up with. This is from the last contractor... Looks like about $5k...
  14. Soapm

Tubs, Toilets, Faucets at Plumbing Supply Versus Big Box Stores

They could be manufactured in different places. Companies now outsource most production so quality, what is that? Our names not going on it so what do we care. As long as we keep the contract then quantity will always win over quality. Anyone remember the commercial that said, "Quality goes in...
  15. Soapm

new boiler piping

I hope the OP don't mind but I wanted to ask a question for my own learning, in a closed loop, pressurized system, why would it matter where you put the pump?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks