Recent content by shuggy

1. shuggy

I have a shower arm flange that has damaged threads.

I can see it enough to see that the leak is at the connection of the shower arm to the CPVC drop-ear elbow, deformed threads won't allow it to seal
  2. shuggy

the shower arm threads right in there just fine, it's just the bent threads in the CPVC drop-ear elbow won't allow it to seal
  3. shuggy

Threads are not completely stripped, but some are a little bent/dented, I have tried double gasket and tape, still no luck .Still leaks.... I have relatives due to arrive for the upcoming holiday, opening up the wall is out of the question at this time, I don't really care if I cement it in...
  4. shuggy

Not stripped,but some are a little bent/dented, I have tried double gasket and tape, still no luck . I have relatives due to arrive for the upcoming holiday, opening up the wall is out of the question at this time, I don't really care if I cement it in there forever, i just need to seal it up so...
  5. shuggy

Ya, it's just one of those things you can't see when buying a house...... What will happen if i put some plumbers putty in there and let it dry real good?
  6. shuggy

It is a CPVC drop-ear elbow and the threads are a little damaged, is there a pipe compound or sealant that will seal againsg water pressure? Thanks
  7. shuggy

Ye Yes, the washer is in there, I bought a new drop ear elbow to get the new washer, the problem is "somebody" screwed the shower arm in wrong with some force and damaged the threads, a little. It's just enough so that it won't seal. I need some kind of sealant??? Thanks for your response.
  8. shuggy

I have a cvpc shower arm receptor in the wall that has slightly damaged threads and shower arm leaks

I have a cvpc shower arm receptor in the wall that has slightly damaged threads and shower arm leaks at that point and I have tried plumbers tape numerous times, is there any other compound, glue or other means to get it to seal?
  9. shuggy

I have a cvpc shower arm receptor in the wall that has slightly damaged threads and shower arm leaks at that point and I have tried plumbers tape numerous times, is there any other compound, glue or other means to get it to seal?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks