Recent content by Scottt

1. Scottt

Lead toilet drain needs replacing

What model donut insert do you recommend? Looks like the inside diameter of the CI hub is about 5". I plan to use a 4" PVC riser. Also, do I need to scrub out the inside of the CI hub to ensure a good seal? Thanks for the advice!
  2. Scottt

Thanks Terry. I went with removing the lead this morning. Wow! Harder than I thought. I wasn't expecting the brass ferrel to be so long. Here are some pics.
  3. Scottt

Yes - it is in the right place currently. I've read that the donuts require alot of force - definitely will support the elbow. Thanks for your reply.
  4. Scottt

Hello. I'm remodeling a 1950's bathroom, and the toilet drain is an old lead pipe connecting to a cast iron closet bend (see picture below). I've been reviewing the other threads on this site, and it looks like I have two options: 1. Remove the lead pipe at the CI hub and use a doughnut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks