Recent content by ridler77

1. ridler77

Why would anyone buy a high efficiency water softener?

So were my number correct? Is there such a thing as a "high efficiency" water softener. I've come across things like Vortex baskets and soft water brine fill (for double tank systems). Are any of these worth it?
  2. ridler77

Why would anyone buy a high efficiency water softener?

Are my numbers off? From a previous post I calculated I need 2880 grains / day, and am looking at 1 cuft systems (32000grains). I'm an engineer, and love to optimize solutions. So I've been looking for the most efficient water softener and have come across this one. US Water Systems...
  3. ridler77

Please double check my math, only 30 gal/day?

I'm an engineer and am probably analyzing this to death, but here goes... I live in Las Vegas on city water. I've had Culligan come by and give me the sales pitch (they measured 21gpg). http://www.lvvwd.com/assets/pdf/wq_summary_lvvwd.pdf (lists 16.7 gpg, iron < 100ppb). Family of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks