Recent content by reglilly

1. R

Reg Bath project

Trust a tradesman All prepared to bore through joists, I went to see if my retired plumber neighbor was around (he's not a lot) for a once over. Having unsuccessfully tried to remove the unneeded run of vent line I cut through the floor at the wall and found it joined to a 2" riser. He...
  2. R

Reg Bath project

Well, I've tried to muddle along as best I could. Here's where I find myself: Here's pictures of my proposed tub-shower drain connection. The first picture shows the shower drain relocated and, up at 2:00, the tub drain. The second is my p-trap for the tub with the vent pipe visible. All...
  3. R

Reg Bath project

Hi hj, 1. My question about 'whatever elbows' was 'whatever elbows in the vent,' not the drain. 2. There was no drain line for the tub put in. It's what I'm undertaking to do. Of course I know there has to be one, and a trap, too. 3. There is, in fact a vent line. A priori...
  4. R

Reg Bath project

Thanks Jim, It seems the contractor installed a grid of vent lines under to floor to enable variable placement of the tub. What are the parameters (distances) for connecting vent line to tub drain (1-1/2 inch)? It so happens that the drain line and the vent line are going in...
  5. R

Reg Bath project

Thanks, hj, for your help. The last shower I did was three years ago. The folks at John Bridge vetted pictures during the course of the installation, and it has been working perfectly ever since. I must confess some pride that a master plumber said my soldering was 'very clean.' I think...
  6. R

Reg Bath project

Hi folks, I'm installing a shower and a jet tub, and have some plumbing questions -- I'm a fairly green plumber (done one shower so far). First, I have a gabled wall, and I want to install the shower head on the red spot in the picture below. Can I just run a copper pipe up and connect...
  7. R

Shower supply size question

Hi - This is my first time posting -- I'm sure I'll be back! I'm finishing a stubbed-in bathroom with tub, WC, vanity, and a shower that I'd like to have jet sprays and shower head. The 2 jets are 2.5 GPM. The plumbing store salesman said I would need a 3/4" diverter to supply these. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks