Recent content by Patricia T

1. P

Failed recirculating pump...cont'd

Thanks, Rugged. I came to the same conclusion, but feel badly about the whole deal. If only he had stood up to the mistake all this could have been avoided and no hard feelings. Nice fellow, good work and I would have certainly recommended him to neighbors and friends. And still without...
  2. P

Thank you very much for your reply. It seems logical, as confirmed by several plumbers. I simply asked the plumber if he thought (not accusatory) if it could have burned up from the water being shutoff, but he rejected that idea saying "I was working with cold water -- not hot and it would...
  3. P

I recently posted a question regarding the failure of my recirculating pump: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7797 When I questioned my plumber regarding his not turning off the pump while the water to the house was off (for a different job outside, unrelated) he claimed it...
  4. P

Failed recirculating pump question

Bob, You and Rugged have confirmed my suspicions -- enough to approach the plumber when he arrives to install a new one. I didn't say anything to him at the time, but I think he should be absorbing the cost to replace it, particularly when he knew it was there. Thank you.
  5. P

Thanks, Rugged -- that's exactly what I was thinking. Although the pump is six years old, it really has only been operating about 3.5 - 4 years, since I spend about half of my life on the road and the pump is turned off when I'm away. If he (plumber) still has the old pump I'll see about...
  6. P

I've got a Grundfos w/timer installed on my 75 gal. water heater. The pump is about six years old and the new heater was installed just a couple of months ago. After having some additional outside plumbing work done one day last week , I discovered the pump had stopped functioning (same...
  7. P

Help purchasing gas H20 heater

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice. You've provided lots of good information that I had not considered. Thanks again! -Pat
  8. P

Help purchasing gas H20 heater

Hello, I'm new here and hope to find some advice in selecting a new gas H20 heater. The current installation is a plain-wrap variety of the contractor, 17 yr. old, single story, single family home of 2700 sq. ft., 2 1/2 baths. Due to some corrosion and the blanket, I cannot read the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks