Recent content by naimc

1. N

Mistake : Wye instead of Tee for washroom sink drain

Continuing on my washroom reno, from previous thread : https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/basement-bathroom-reno-sink-tie-in-to-show-drain.107247/post-763794 At the point where the 2" drain meets the vent in 1-1/2" I used a Wye for the sink drain. I was distracted by vent routing...
  2. N

Basement bathroom reno, sink tie-in to show drain

I asked for advisee so I followed it ! switched to 2" I would have taken a pro 10 min to cut and glue it took me 3 hours, measured adjusted created test shims , remeasured broke the slab a bit more so I had room to press fit everything, made alignment marks. Here is my slope : Thank you...
  3. N

Ok and I guess your calling for 2" because this line would be drain for the sink but and vent for the shower ? Also I started to cut the trench for the 1-1/2 line , but if I put a 2" in its place how should I connect both 2" lines as they now run in parallel. Just 2 2"x 45 degree elbows ?
  4. N

I am about to cut a channel in my concrete basement floor to passe this sink drain 1 1/2 ABS drain pipe and wanted to know if my line / routing "violates" a lot of plumbing rules. -Prior to my work, the plumbing looked like this, A shower with NO P-trap ! and the sink was tied in with 1-1/2...
  5. N

3" ABS toilet drain can I re-glue.

yeap, picture from last year when I did the demolition. Concrete slab was covered the tar paper, following by a random assortment of pieces of wood and bricks, to shim the top layer plywood, This was probably built doing the 1980 must have been a recession judging by the scap that was used...
  6. N

The 1st picture showed the original toiled emplacement and the rotted out floor which I removed. My changle here is am redoing the entire washroom, doing the "rough-in" without knowing what will be final level of the floor. Just prior to gluing I realized that connecting the 3" male flange...
  7. N

Hello forum ! ( I am a DIY'er who with no real plumbing experience ) I started a bathroom reno 2 years after finding my plywood subfloor in basement washroom as rotted out, I demolished the entire washroom and let it sit for 2 years as I was not sure where the water was coming from. Last...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks