Recent content by mwhitis

1. M

Adding washer drain/standpipe to existing Copper DWV

Guys, A Thumbnail with my final plan with fittings is below. If you get a chance, can you take a look at it to make sure I've got the fittings correct? Thanks, Mike
  2. M

Easiest way to move/replace copper laundry supply lines without soldering

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the input. Seems like PEX isn't big in this area, according to the local supply house and the guys at the box stores (for whatever that's worth). I can get the sharkbite brand tubing at the local HD, but other than that, I'd be ordering online. I guess my question...
  3. M

Easiest way to move/replace copper laundry supply lines without soldering

My laundry supply lines are currently running from overhead and attached directly to my foundation wall. I'm remodeling the laundry room, and want to frame and insulate that area and put in a proper laundry box. I'll need to move the supply a couple of inches out to account for the insulation...
  4. M

hj, Thanks for the follow up. I probably would have come to that conclusion after looking for 20 minutes in the fittings aisle. Good info to have ahead of time. :) Appreciate it. Mike
  5. M

Thanks, Shacko. Just to claify, both the blue and the green in the pic are "new". For the blue, I'm adding the standpipe, and moving the drain from the left wall to the back wall (about 3'), and then adding the "green" vent and cleanout where the drain was previously vented (but replacing...
  6. M

Sorry to drag this thread back up. I've decided that while I'm installing the standpipe, I think I want to move the existing drain stub out, as it's facing a bit of an awkward direction. Was thinking about moving it from the side wall to the back wall next to the standpipe. Is this new...
  7. M

JC, Thanks for the reply. After looking at your diagram, it may even be easier than that. The existing vent for this drain doesn't actually vent all the way to the roof. It actually turns left about the same height as your proposed new vent and then connects into the main vent stack. Correct...
  8. M

Looking for some help to get my washer drain out of the laundry tub that it's currently draining into. I've got 2" Copper in the wall. I've seen a few posts on here with diagrams for proper washer drains, but looking for advice for translating that to my situation. I've attached an image of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks