Recent content by moisheh

1. moisheh

Stiff faucet

We have a classic 1988 motorhome with a Moen Legend faucet in the kitchen and a Grohe in the bathroom sink. Both are the old fashioned lever type faucets. RV's have plumbing problems that one does not often see in a residence. Partially due to the well water in many campgrounds. Alsso because...
  2. moisheh

GE softener question

The well is municipal. It is now about 7 years old. They are working on a new one and should be ready in about 6 months. The wells are out in the desert and get salty. Our water is turned off every night . I have a 1000 Litre cistern that feeds the softener via a pump and then the whole house...
  3. moisheh

GE softener question

2 weeks ago I installed a new GXSH40V softener in our Mexican home. Our water is horrible. Very hard, salty and some sand Most softeners do not last over 3 to 4 years. I bought a Hach5B test kit Tests @ 65 gpg. I set the softener @ 65 but only put in 80 lbs. of salt. All went well but the unit...
  4. moisheh

Best Kitchen Faucet

I know that is a loaded question. e have a home in an area with really bad water. It eats plumbing fixtures. When we moved in 13 years ago I installed a Delta faucet. Single handle pull out. I should have known better as I have never had good luck with Delta. The water attacked the entire...
  5. moisheh

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Our Cadet has ben installed for 16 months. Works perfectly. Never had to flush twice. Mechanism is fine and has never plugged. Works as a toilet should! I would recommend this unit to anyone! Moisheh
  6. moisheh

Septic Pump

I have been watching the float and it appears to be working just fine. I cannot tell if there is a releif hole or even a check valve. No valve is visible. We have guests and since Friday there has been lots of showers, laundry, dish washer, etc. So far everything is fine. We live on a gravel...
  7. moisheh

Septic Pump

Thank you Redwood: Actally when he first installed the pump it did work and he was here until it cycled about 4 times. The problem occured afterwards. I will look into that required hole.
  8. moisheh

Septic Pump

Jerome: If the field were failing wouldnt this happen all the time? The pump has now been working correctly for 3 days. Comes on when floats switch rises and then turns off. I am not familiar with how fields fail but I thought that when the soil cannot take any more liquids the waste water...
  9. moisheh

Septic Pump

We are new to country living and have never had to contend with a septic system. Our house is now 11 years old. 4 months after we moved in the septic pump smoked itself to death. Our plumber changed the pump. The original was quite small and sure looks like a cheap sump pump. He installed a Red...
  10. moisheh

Does Home Depot "cheapen" their toilets?

Do not let the "Toto is in my blood" types disuade you. We installed a Cadet 3 one piece from HD Canada. It is no different than any other AS product. You can take down the model # and search the AS site, Think about this: How many toilets do you think are sold in NA every year? I dn't know the...
  11. moisheh

Cadet 3 quick review

We have been doing extensive renos in our new to us house. One of those was an ensuite. I had read everything I could find on toilets. Tried to buy a Toto but no stock in the city of over 700,000 people where we live. I was very diappointed. I stated before that Toto should have better...
  12. moisheh

Autotrol 255valve/460I valve

THank you but that does not solve the problem. Why doesnt the clock have some sort of memory for power outages???
  13. moisheh

Autotrol 255valve/460I valve

Our softener has an Autotrol valve. Whenever the power goes out it loses the time and then regenerates at an odd time. Usually thasi happens during the day. Is there some way to correct this problem?? Moisheh
  14. moisheh

Bryant Evolution Question

Thanks for the replies Moisheh
  15. moisheh

Bryant Evolution Question

Thanks Lightwave: I am using the good 3M filters and I know they do not last as long as the 99 cent junkers. However when I examine the filters they are fine. Bryant slipped up on this one. Moisheh
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks