Autotrol 255valve/460I valve

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by moisheh, Jul 1, 2010.

1. moisheh

moisheh New Member

Our softener has an Autotrol valve. Whenever the power goes out it loses the time and then regenerates at an odd time. Usually thasi happens during the day. Is there some way to correct this problem??

Moisheh
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Reset the clock to the current time of day.
  3. moisheh

moisheh New Member

THank you but that does not solve the problem. Why doesnt the clock have some sort of memory for power outages???
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

For years the clock on any control would stop when the power stopped and then would start up again when the power came back on.
    Then some of the newer ones or with in the last 15 years would have a 9volt that would hold the clock running even if the power went out, but even that was not good enough.
    I am not sure if the new Clack Digital or the newer Fleck SXT control will keep the clock running if the power goes out.

You could buy one of the computer back up battery systems to power your softener if the main power goes out.