Recent content by mmax

1. mmax

Moen shower faucet not working

My parents stayed at my house for a few days and couldn’t figure out how to operate the shower in our bathroom. It is a Moen where you pull the handle out to turn it on and turn left and right to change temp. It also has a diverter above to switch between the main head and hand shower. Now...
  2. mmax

Toilet vent advice

I am roughing in for a new 1/2 bathroom and am having trouble with venting the toilet. See the attached photo. The vent for this bathroom and a laundry room above is to the left of the toilet. I would like to have the closet bend go to the right under the toilet to stay in the joist bay all...
  3. mmax

Changing direction

I am running plumbing in my unfinished basement for a first floor remodel. I am having trouble getting my mind around how to make a 90 degree turn in the drain pipes (horizontal to horizontal) but where one pipe is above the other. So turning down and right. I sketched a crude diagram below...
  4. mmax

Toilet runs when tub or shower on

I am having a strange problem with my Toto toilet. If I flush the toilet and then turn on the shower/tub or sink faucet, the toilet will run until I turn off the other faucet. When I turn off the other faucet, the toilet immediately stops filling. The tank is filling and going in the overflow...
  5. mmax

Low hot water pressure on certain fixtures

I shut the water off at the meter when out of town for Christmas, and upon returning and turning water back on I have low water pressure at the kitchen sink faucet and 2nd floor shower/tub. Other fixtures (basement utility sink, 1st floor bathroom sink and 2nd floor bathroom sink) are fine...
  6. mmax

Drum trap replacement

I will run a fish tape up through the pipe one I tear into it to confirm it is the vent I think it is on the roof. Assuming it is a vent, will this work? Tub to P-trap, a T shortly there after off to the vent and continuing on the the main stack?
  7. mmax

Drum trap replacement

In the first photo the pipe under the text "from tub" is the pipe from the tub, not the pipe where the tip of the arrow is. Sorry for the confusion. These photos are on the side of the tub. I can't know for certain, but none of the houses I have seen in my neighborhood had overflows in the...
  8. mmax

Drum trap replacement

There is nothing else the pipe could be a drain for. The only fixtures on the second floor of the house are this bathtub, a sink and toilet. The sink and toilet are on the other side of the tub. There is nothing above this floor. There is a vent pipe on the roof pretty much directly above...
  9. mmax

Drum trap replacement

Here are some photos
  10. mmax

Drum trap replacement

Thank you. So if the T for the vent is close enought to the trap, this should work, correct?
  11. mmax

Drum trap replacement

I tried to show in the original diagram how it is currently installed. The drum trap has three pipes connected to it. 1) from the tub, 2) connected the the vent going through the roof and 3) continuing on the to the toilet drain where it connects into the main stack. The vent is in the wall...
  12. mmax

Drum trap replacement

Thanks. So would this work? The drain does not turn down until it hits the main stack at the toilet.
  13. mmax

Drum trap replacement

I am going to replace the drum trap under my 2nd floor bathtub as it is draining extremely slow. However, I am unsure of where the vent should connect in the waste line. See the attached picture for the current setup. D=drain, T=trap, V=vent, S=main stack under toilet. Right now the vent...
  14. mmax

Moisture in bathroom

We remodeled the bathroom, but mostly cosmetic changes. New shower fixtures. I don't remember it being as bad before, but I wasn't paying as much attention as it was not a concern as I knew we were remodeling soon. I will try a door open vs. closed and see the difference. I could add...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks