Recent content by Mike Ike

1. Mike Ike

TOTO Aquia, Shut off Valve blocking

Thanks for the info. I just purchased the flange extender kit along with the metal repair ring. Do I stack the flange extenders with the top being the metal ring for the new height to be flush with the floor ? or just a bit over the floor? and THEN put the wax ring on top?
  2. Mike Ike

I met with the board of directors of our condo board and in short, tampering with the interior main line plumbing of the building is prohibited. Even prior to installing the floor tiles I would still not have been allowed to make any adjustment to the toilet pipe. Really left with no other...
  3. Mike Ike

I searched online and see that 1 inch is not uncommon and can be fixed with stacking flange extenders/spacers. Considering the previous floor tiles were approx 1/4 inch in height with its cement then I'm actually more likely to be 3/4 inch below new floor surface and not 1 inch. I would need...
  4. Mike Ike

I wish I knew even the basics about toilets or plumbing. When all was said and done I noticed it too late and I questioned it too late as well. I didn't know that. Things just went from bad to real bad. What to do now?
  5. Mike Ike

Hey Terry, the diameter of the hole of the flange is 4 inches. The diameter of the flange itself overall is 6 3/4 inches Does this mean it will work with the horn of the Toto allowing me some room (1/4inch) to move forward?
  6. Mike Ike

It's a holiday here in Canada and we're away. Will get you the diameter soon as we get back, thanks for your help
  7. Mike Ike

This is what our current flange looks like We'll have to put another flange (correct name?) on top of the old flange since we put tiles on the floor (floor is now 1 inch high than before). Is there a flange you recommend that will be easier to gain 1/4" ? I hope I explained it properly, I'm...
  8. Mike Ike

Terry, what do you mean by removing the bolts?
  9. Mike Ike

Pardon the error. You're right Terry, it is a Toto except not the Supreme II. It's the Supreme S113 (round, not elongated). We're trying to keep it round and low height to accommodate countertop extended above toilet. And of course, one piece...
  10. Mike Ike

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately we only have 11 inch rough-in. The drake is not that appealing. I was looking at the spec diagram for the Kohler Supreme. On a 12inch rough-in it leave 13/16" gap between the tank and the wall. Is it possible to nudge the toilet forward by 1/4" to...
  11. Mike Ike

The shut off valve of the supply line is currently 6 inch off centre from both the floor and flange. Will it still work with the Toto Aquia? I'm assuming it will be directly behind the left side of the skirt, but if the valve was shortened to 4in will it work? The valve knob is like the wheel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks