Recent content by mc_1_2_3

1. mc_1_2_3

Toilet into existing 3" PVC under concrete slab

I have another toilet that is installed the same way this one will be. The toilet goes directly into a 3" line, the pipe from the toilet doesn't have a vent on it, but the 3" main does have a 2" line that is a lav drain/wet-vent about 2' from where the toilet connects. I guess I better call...
  2. mc_1_2_3

Well, no pics because its still under concrete, but, the 2" vent comes off the 3" pipe (before the toilet) with a wye fitting that is 45 degrees from horizontal then a 45 straight up the wall eventually going to the roof. Not a wet vent. I believe it will work and is to code in PA.
  3. mc_1_2_3

Thanks Terry. Yes, the vent is between the shower and the toilet. The 3" line dumps into the 4" main that goes directly to the septic tank so no fixtures after the toilet.
  4. mc_1_2_3

Hello, getting ready to install a toilet in my basement. House is only 4 years old and I placed drains in floor when building but now we have decided to move location of the toilet in the basement. Luckily it will still be directly above the 3" PVC under the slab and there is a properly...
  5. mc_1_2_3

Lost power to 2nd floor on siding installation

If they damaged something, they should definitely pay. If something came loose because of the hammering, then you will likely have to pay since it would have eventually came loose anyway.
  6. mc_1_2_3

8-3 Romex in PVC conduit

Wire in Romex is solid, THHN is stranded, much easier to pull the THHN. The insulation is single layered on the wires in Romex, THHN is much tougher. Compare the two at your local store, you'll see the difference. The insulation on the wires in Romex are damaged much easier when you pull...
  7. mc_1_2_3

AFCI Circuit trips when I turn on lights

My issue is that he implied that I am lying about talking to my local code inspectors.
  8. mc_1_2_3

Yep I'm a liar. Sorry for asking questions on this forum. Guess that isn't what this is for, right? From now on I will direct all questions to the local inspector and ignore pricks like you. Anyway, here is what PA code uses: Building Codes Search Printable Version Text-Only...
  9. mc_1_2_3

This isn't the first house I have built, but it is the first one with the codes, (in Pennsylvania). I used to be an electrician, so the fundamentals haven't changed, just some of the requirements, like AFCI's. Couldn't buy them around here when I was an electrician. I have been in constant...
  10. mc_1_2_3

Sillcock into cinderblock advice

Shouldn't hurt the copper much, you could wrap it with duct tape or something, similar, just where you won't see it. FYI, aluminum does react with concrete over time.
  11. mc_1_2_3

What exactly was mandated, AFCI's on bedroom receptacles only? Any other places AFCI's are mandated? I am framing my new house currently and will be wiring soon, so this info will be handy. Thanks, Mark
  12. mc_1_2_3

Another question, do AFCI's have to be used for lighting cicuits in bedrooms or just mandatory for outlets? Thanks, Mark
  13. mc_1_2_3

Recessed Light 1 to 6?

You first need to determine how many other fixtures are on the circuit. This can be done by turning on all the lights and turning off the breaker for that one kitchen light. See what else turns off. You should also check all outlets in that area. Many times, folks will put lights on with...
  14. mc_1_2_3

Why would NIBCO/CPI Durapex PEX split (lengthwise) and leak?

UV exposure Is there a window in the attic, or some other opening, that allows light from outside to hit the pex tubing in the attic? As far as I know, all pex tubing must be protected from UV light.
  15. mc_1_2_3

frostfree silcock

Dual bibs? I would like to have hot and cold to the outside. Which dual frostfree bibs are high quality? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks