Recent content by Mark_Iowa

1. Mark_Iowa

Galvanized Pressure Tank Waterlogging

Thanks for the comments. I agree, the primary purpose of draining the casing is to introduce air into the system for normal operation of the pressure tank. It does flood occasionally and the current setup is not ideal and what you describe is best approach and has been discusses for a while...
  2. Mark_Iowa

I agree that the "snifter" in this installation is the checkvalve on top of the well casing and its purpose is to drain the casing of the well. I think the snifter was not installed at the house given the distance from the house (100 - 150') as that would supply more air to the tank than...
  3. Mark_Iowa

Ports would be helpful, but they do not exist on the old checkvalve.
  4. Mark_Iowa

Can you direct me to additional information to support this suggestion? The instructions for the air volume control state the tank should be at atmospheric pressure. Conversations with professionals have also advised that for a galvanized tank (no diaphragm, no bladder) the starting point is...
  5. Mark_Iowa

Thank you for the feedback. I will check for an air leak and hopefully will find something. In regards to pre-charge/airmaker setup. There is no airmaker to be found. The supply line runs from the top of the pressure tank straight to the well pit. I am not aware of anyway to pre-charge this...
  6. Mark_Iowa

Let me start with the fact that I am new here, but have been reading several discussions regarding galvanized pressure tanks with submersible pumps, but haven't found anything that matches my situation. The problem I am working on is a galvanized pressure tank that waterlogs quickly (weekly)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks