Recent content by Luc

1. Luc

Powered anode rod to replace magnesium anode

Hello everyone, We need to replace our anode rod on our hot water heater. Someone suggested using a powered anode because they last longer and will really protect the tank. I am looking for some feedback. Anyone tried them before? Any disadvantage? Do they really work? Thanks, Luc
  2. Luc

Life expectancy of copper and black iron pipe

Thanks jadnashua and ballvalve for the replies. It answers my questions.
  3. Luc

Thanks ballvalve for replying. So it would be better to continue with the ductile iron pipe for our renovations rather then copper!! Luc
  4. Luc

Hello everyone, We are doing some renovation on our hydonic heating system which is over 50 years old. The black iron pipe is in good condition. Just want to know if it is better to use copper pipe or black iron for our renovation. Which will have a longer life expectancy? Thanks, Luc
  5. Luc

Ventilation for a shower room with five showers

Thanks Dave for the reply. There are 15 bedrooms on the same floor as the shower area. I do want to reduce the negative pressure in the building because each bedroom has its own toilet room with an exhaust fan. This is why I am looking for an HRV. NOVOCLIMAT is a contruction program for...
  6. Luc

Thanks gator37 and Dana for replying. I appreciate it. The condensation problem is in the attic because it is quite difficult to insulate the ducts and the exhaut fan properly. Presently, the exhaust from the exhaust fan runs in the attic and terminates in the soffits which creates another...
  7. Luc

Anyone know if we could use an ERV/HRV to ventilate? We could have an exhaust grille next to each shower? Using an ERV or HRV would not create a negative pressure like an exhaust fan. Kind regards, Luc
  8. Luc

Hello everyone, We have a shower room that has five showers. Presently, each shower has its exhaust grille hookup to the same extraction fan in the attic. We are having some condensation problems with this extraction fan in the attic because of the cold climate. Anyone know of a better way to...
  9. Luc

1'' polypipe as the drop pipe

Thanks ballvale for replying. It answers my question.
  10. Luc

Thanks Peter for replying. I read on a previous post that even PVC was not reccomended for pumps greater then 2 HP!!!! Luc
  11. Luc

What is usuallly used for drop pipe on 3 to 5 hp pumps?
  12. Luc

Hello everyone, Just want to know if it is good practice to use 1'' polypipe as the drop pipe in wells with 3 HP or 5 HP submersible pumps. Thanks, Luc
  13. Luc

Flexible reducing coupling acceptable in a drinkable water storage tank

Thanks hj and Peter. I google searched and called several of our suppliers without a suitable solution. We will use an alternative solution. Kind regards, Luc
  14. Luc

There will not be any pressure. All we need is a tight seal. We want to pass the 3'' PVC right throught the 4'' stainless steel coupling and out of the tank. On the other side of the tank we will continue with the 3'' PVC pipe. I checked the Fernco rubber coupling but they are not accepted for...
  15. Luc

Hello everyone, Anyone know of a flexible reducing coupling that is acceptable to be used for drinkable water? I need to make a tight seal between a 4'' stainless steel pipe and a 3'' PVC inside a water storage tank. Thanks, Luc
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks