Recent content by lgndu42nv

1. lgndu42nv

leak testing new closet bend

Thanks for the reply Terry! I'd say everything is pretty snug. If I grab the pvc piece tight and put some muscle into it, I can get the pvc to slide around in the donut a little bit, but that's probably due to the soap on there from installation. the donut doesn't move around in the CI hub...
  2. lgndu42nv

leak testing new closet bend

Hello, While doing demo for my current bathroom remodel, I found out that the original closet bend is lead. After doing a lot of reading on this forum, and elsewhere, I decided to remove all of the lead back to the CI hub, and replace with PVC like what is suggested here...
  3. lgndu42nv

Another Broken toilet flange thread!

Thank you Reach4. Yes, I am wondering if there is something that I should use to seal that connection, or if a snug fit is all i need to prevent leakage. I think that the soap is simply to help the PVC slide into the rubber donut easier, correct?
  4. lgndu42nv

hj - I opened this almost 5 year old thread. Why? Because I need to replace a lead closet bend, I googled "how to replace a lead closet bend", found this thread, and it has some good information. Isn't that the point of a forum?? I even said in my post "I hate to bump an old thread......"...
  5. lgndu42nv

I hate to bump an old thread, but I'm about to do a similar repair job and have one question for you Terry. Do you use any type of glue or caulk between the 4x3 flush brush and the rubber donut? What about between the donut and the CI tee? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks