Recent content by jimmyt

1. jimmyt

Where to purchase a good fleck softener system

Where did you all end up purchasing from? Our GE died after 7 years.. and I have seen that I can get a fleck for about the same as the big box stores. just looking for a reputable group that sells decent tanks / resin. Our local water company is installing softening equipment, but its not...
  2. jimmyt

My New Toilets

hj - what are you currently installing that you are happy with. I have been looking at the totos, but want to know what other toilets professionals have good luck with!
  3. jimmyt

A few quick questions - tub install

There is too much in my head .. that's for sure.. I see that you dont like shluter and thats ok - funny thing was I had a call into the local code official / inspector and ironically he called me back this morning.. lol.. First off, they both like the schluter and laticrete products. Their...
  4. jimmyt

Thanks.. I guess :) A few comments.. What you see there is the tear out after I was done removing things. The plastic was there - appears to be 6 mill. Not sure what aquastical sealant is. There is sealant between the wall and subfloor as well as wall and top plates for the trusses. Tuck...
  5. jimmyt

Jim - thanks! Planning on installing it this weekend. Any thoughts on what to do below the ledger? add vapor barrier or pack it with installation? am leaning towards vapor barrier.
  6. jimmyt

Can someone please "check my math" to make sure I am on the right path.. I am about to install a kohler archer soaker tub and want to make sure before I commit that I have my act together. First question - I am planning on adding ledger boards to the back and side walls to give the tub a...
  7. jimmyt

Long sweep san-t elbow for sink drain question

:) I thought the same thing.. Had something similar in the first floor powder room - attached is the pic of before it was finished.. then ended up doing a 90 around it. Then it made two turns to get into the main drain. I have since had it fixed :) About my changes - am i good with the way...
  8. jimmyt

thanks terry.. here is what I started with.. Not sure why the builder ran the lav that way.. although its not the first head scratcher I saw from them in the house. the reason for the change was the the toilet flange moved 4" closer to the tub, that caused it to run into the 1.5.1.5 to 2...
  9. jimmyt

I have been lurking for a while and have learned a whole lot more than I thought already knew! I have a drain line question - long story short - we had a problem with a toilet seal and it basically leaked and rotted out the sub floor of the upstairs bathroom. i have removed the ceiling drywall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks