Recent content by jgmaciejko

1. J

Capturing freon for remodel job

How do I overfill the condenser (like when the unit was first installed , charged with enough freon to fill 25' tubing) before I break the connections to relocate unit. I heard you let the compressor pump against a closed liquid / discharge valve then close suction valve and stop the...
  2. J

SlantFin VHS 120 Boiler short cycling

boiler cycling It isn't the thermostat which is causing the cycling, just not enough demand for the boiler firing. I was hoping to just retrofit a multistage gas valve but now I'm thinking of picking up a hot water tank to become a heat sink. Thanks jim
  3. J

You can pull air from water Rancher !!!!!

Rancher was right...I pulled up my points (two in series for more volume) to find them quite plugged. I installed two new points in and drove them back down and NO Air. It seems that a dual piston pump can produce enough vaccum to "boil the water" and produce air in the system when drawing from...
  4. J

SlantFin VHS 120 Boiler short cycling

I have a SlantFin VHS 120 propane boiler feeding 7 loops of 275' .5" plastic radiant and one water to air heat exchanger . I also have a woodstove. My problem is that sometimes when I'm burning wood only a couple hot water zones will fire up and the boiler will cycle alot . I added an...
  5. J

Do I need to vent sand point well casing

Thanks Rancher and speedbump The water rises to within 6' of pump level so I'm nowhere near 27' to "boil the water". I'm pulling the sand point (s)Sunday to see "the state of the nation"
  6. J

Thanks Bob I guess I don't need to vent the casing then. I wash down the 3" abs casing first to reduce the amount of hammering required to sink the sand point. Jim
  7. J

Did I hit clay? Now what???

wash a 3" abs casing down first I have washed a couple sand point wells down by first washing down a 3" abs casing as far as possible then putting the 1 1/4" pipe inside. You wash the abs down by pressurizing the abs with a high volume pump . It will go down easily until you hit water . Just...
  8. J

I'm in the process of pulling up my 1 1/4 " sand points (2 in series-6' of point) which reside 6' below my 3" abs casing which is 28' down and 2' below ground level. My question is do I need to vent the the casing? Also have you ever heard that a dual piston pump produces such vaccum that it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks