Do I need to vent sand point well casing

Users who are viewing this thread

jgmaciejko

Reaction score
I'm in the process of pulling up my 1 1/4 " sand points (2 in series-6' of point) which reside 6' below my 3" abs casing which is 28' down and 2' below ground level. My question is do I need to vent the the casing? Also have you ever heard that a dual piston pump produces such vaccum that it pulls entrained air from the aquafirm water ?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm not with you on these wells. I'm confused as to your construction methods.

A piston pump like all other pumps can lift water vertically 25 feet. All the vacuum in the world won't change this. I have never heard of pulling air out of water. I guess if we could do this, it would be a great way to make an alternative fuel.

bob...

jgmaciejko

Reaction score
Thanks Bob

I guess I don't need to vent the casing then. I wash down the 3" abs casing first to reduce the amount of hammering required to sink the sand point.
Jim

R

Rancher

speedbump said:
I have never heard of pulling air out of water. I guess if we could do this, it would be a great way to make an alternative fuel.
You can make a pump that will pull the chrome off the bumper of a 56 buick, and you can pull air out of water, that's what happens when you reach the magical limit of the 25' or 27' or whatever, I forget what exactly, and it's really only true at sea level... I guess that Thermodynamics course that I didn't need for my Major and got a D in did do some good... What is happening is you are making the atmosphere so thin at 27' of suction, that you go negative of the 14.7 (sea level psi of air) and the water boils and you get vapor...
So yes you can pull air out of water... kinda.

Rancher

Speedbump

Reaction score
No, now that you explained it, you wouldn't have to vent the casing.

Rancher may be onto something. If we can pull all the oxygen out of the water, we have found a cheap way to make Hydrogen for burning in our cars. Bye Bye Middle East, South America and all those other oil producers.

Rancher, are you going to invent the Buick Bumper Pump.

bob...

jgmaciejko

Reaction score
Thanks Rancher and speedbump

The water rises to within 6' of pump level so I'm nowhere near 27' to "boil the water". I'm pulling the sand point (s)Sunday to see "the state of the nation"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks