Recent content by Jack1670

1. Jack1670

Heard Noise Behind Tub. No Access to Failed Part. How Hosed Am I?

Brilliant idea! I heard that racing pit crews do something similar by using silicone to keep wheel lug nuts on the replacement wheels for a quick and easy change. When they pop them on the car during a wheel/tire change the nuts are ready to go without any effort from the installer. Just zip...
  2. Jack1670

Thanks for the response everyone! I bit my lip this past week and created another access area from the toilet room on the left into the tub. I cut a 14"x14" hole as I found a door kit at a hardware store and that was the biggest size they had. It doesn't look bad at all with the cover on it...
  3. Jack1670

That did cross my mind last night too. The large tub appears to have concrete under it but wood between the tub and concrete, so I think it can be moved there. The valve part of it has long pex lines so that's another good sign that it can be moved around a bunch without having to disconnect...
  4. Jack1670

Oh no!! While viewing this thread I just thought of checking our other tub. We have another American Standard tub in our guest bedroom and same valves and similar issue! These valves are also jammed and the bodies are turning on all 3 of them, but it feels like the end nuts have not fallen...
  5. Jack1670

Thanks very much for the response! The wall on the left is a small room for the toilet. That room also has a lot of tile, but have not cut into that area yet to see if I can reach the other 2 controllers. I was hoping someone would say there was some kind of modification kit for this issue...
  6. Jack1670

Hello! I was searching the web for some help and ran across this forum. I hope in the future to return the favor as I have some amateur plumbing experiences myself which have always been unique. I hope someone can tell me that I'm a moron and missed something simple in this thread. I have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks