Recent content by Inigo Montoya

1. Inigo Montoya

Intermittent & horrible sewer smell

Seems like installing one after the fact might be quite the effort, no?
  2. Inigo Montoya

Thats fascinating. I don't believe the floor drain to our commercial restrooms has ever had a source of water from elsewhere. I'll investigate further, thank you
  3. Inigo Montoya

Apologies for blowing up the forums of late. I suspect these issues are ultimately related to each other. We have, for a very long time, dealt with staggering sewer smells from the floor drains of our restrooms. Seemingly at random and with no clear tie to weather or pressure or anything of...
  4. Inigo Montoya

Commercial toilet wish list

Finding showrooms for Toto are tricky here, so I may just have to go with online images. What's your opinion of Kohler in the same sort of environment? Thanks for such a detailed response.
  5. Inigo Montoya

Any commentary on gallons per flush? More is better for commercial traffic cast iron, no? Is Captain America going to find me if I pick the highest GPF or perhaps there's restrictions legally on the volume?
  6. Inigo Montoya

Brace yourselves for what's possibly the dumbest question you've ever been asked. I was complaining whilst shopping for toilets online how few commercial commodes there were ready for a flushometer. When I started searching for just the bowls, it occurred to me that perhaps ANY flushing system...
  7. Inigo Montoya

You guys rock. Is it up to me the gallons per flush? I'm told with 35 year old cast iron drains that more water is better
  8. Inigo Montoya

These are floor models with flushometers presently. Is the flushometer separate or included in that price? Also, is it ridiculous to entertain one-piece toilets with tanks in a commercial, high traffic setting? Are there disadvantages to flushometers versus some other flush technology?
  9. Inigo Montoya

Hi guys, Part of my remodel for a commercial entertainment property will include renovating restrooms. I'd like to know the costs and makes of good and reliable commercial toilets. The only ones I'm familiar with are the American Standard and Crane fixtures I have now that are old, outdated...
  10. Inigo Montoya

Commercial drain cleaning options

Does anyone think a chemical treatment is the more viable option compared to snaking? The snaking gains flow but without owning a camera there's no way to tell how temporary it is. CLR & lime away don't review as terribly effective on a problem this size and I'm unsure if bio clean is better...
  11. Inigo Montoya

Thanks, Terry. Is Bio Clean more effective as a preventative measure or can it knock out years of accumulation? We have urinals with flushometers on them. It may be that I dont understand how you can flush a toilet without water, though..
  12. Inigo Montoya

Also.... just talked to my ''plumber.'' He's saying we already tried to auger (augur?) it before. The standard coily-spring attachment on the motorized one is too small to do any good, while the larger sickle blade is too big to even get started. Add to that you have to make a couple clever...
  13. Inigo Montoya

Well... you're talking to the camera operator. BLAM! And no, there hasn't been any recent tile work in there since the 90's. We've run snakes down there before. Not sure why it's not doing a better job of clearing the drain. Are you folk opposed to the acids and enzymes and whatnot, or...
  14. Inigo Montoya

Greetings everyone. Looking for a spot of advice, if you would. I own a 25k square foot entertainment facility that suffers from frequent restroom leaks, particularly from the first ladies' room stall. After spending way too much time and money fussing over flanges and flushometers, we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks