Recent content by HoneyDO

1. H

Sewage Pump Smell

What would you suggest I do about the drain going into the vent pipe? The main 4" line going into the sump is under the concrete below. Do I have to dig up the concrete, or is there another solution? I am afraid I know what your answer will be.
  2. H

Sewage Pump Smell

Hi, I have been working this issue on the pump section and it was suggested I post this on the plumbing side to see if there are any plumbers out there who can help. I have a terrible odor from my basement sewage pump. I have bar sink almost directly over the pump that I have draining...
  3. H

Sewage Pump Smell

Youre right. Now that I read your reply, tapping into the ejection line is not smart. The waste is dumped into the pump by an 4" line under the concrete foundation. The vent pipe is I am using was run by the builder, so I made the assumption that it was the proper size for venting...
  4. H

Sewage Pump Smell

I do run the sink to fill the trap, as I do will the other fixtures in the bathroom. I silicone caulked around the entire lid and wires on top of the pump. Can I reroute the sink to flow into the sewage line below the check valve? Maybe this would preven any gas from being pushed out...
  5. H

Sewage Pump Smell

Thank you for your reply. I do have a trap on the sink and it is most certainly tapped into the vent line. I do have a check valve on the sewage line. Other thoughts? I have attached a photo of the pump. You can see both the sewage line with the check valve and the vent pipe that has the...
  6. H

Sewage Pump Smell

Hi, I have a terrible odor from my basemet sewage pump. I have bar sink almost directly over the pump that I have draining into the pump via the vent pipe. Is this incorrect? Would this cause the smell?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks