Recent content by Holeshot

1. Holeshot

Drain pipe, PVC or ABS?

Sorry for the vague description. The pipe has a valley slope according to the camera. It's a 3" pipe, 30' long that tee's into the main. The valley slope is at about 10-15' from the end, opposite side where it tees into. It seems to be causing the toilet to backup often. There's huge amount of...
  2. Holeshot

Drain pipe, PVC or ABS?

Yes, that's the direction I'm moving towards. As in the photos, I already dug a trench under the slab that reaches the bathtub and toilet. Luckily all bathrooms and the kitchen are on exterior walls. The other trench I dug out is at the sidewalk, the lowest point. After I finish repiping this...
  3. Holeshot

Drain pipe, PVC or ABS?

There's a section that's sloping pretty bad under the slab. Relining probably wouldn't work in that section. The main line from sidewalk to the house can be relined but I'm not aware of relining the other branches under the slab. I guess the only way is to cut open sections of the slab to reline...
  4. Holeshot

Drain pipe, PVC or ABS?

I'm replacing a 40 year old under-slab cast iron pipe in a residential single story that's in pretty bad condition. The soil has a lot of clay. The original CI has a lot of back filled sand. Ferguson and other wholesalers only sells ABS foam core, no ABS solid core. The ABS schedule 40 foam...
  5. Holeshot

Drain pipe, PVC or ABS?

Hello, which 4" drain pipe would last longest and without issues? I see a lot of foam core with a thin wall, it doesn't seem good. I'm guessing running a snake down a foam core can damage the thin wall. ABS doesn't flex much? And if there's seismic movement, the fittings can fail? ABS temp...
  6. Holeshot

P-trap different shapes

Hello, I see different p-trap shapes. Some are like a perfect U shape and some have a tighter radius on one side. Is that to water turbulence to slow down the flow or prevent siphoning the water out of the trap? Laundry p-traps would have more down force than bathtubs. Are certain p-trap shapes...
  7. Holeshot

T&P valve installed off a tee

Thank you. I'll install some isolation valves. I'd like to screw the connector hoses directly to the isolation valves and cap off the pressure relief valve port. There's an existing pressure relief valve that's installed off the copper tee. Or do I have to hard pipe it to the isolation...
  8. Holeshot

Thank you! I see, it's a pressure relief valve, no need for the temp. Yes, I'm installing isolation valves. There's a pressure relief valve installed at the tee. Question Is it ok to install isolation valves without a pressure relief valve attached directly to the isolation valve? Since...
  9. Holeshot

Hello Plumbers and thank you Terry for having this awesome platform. I hope everyone is doing good and in good health! Question, is it ok to install a T&P valve off this tee ?
  10. Holeshot

Under slab sewer re-pipe

Yes, it's possible. The drawings I uploaded are the site, floor plans and the elevation plans. Existing and proposed sewer lines. And four photos. Can everyone view the documents and pictures I uploaded?
  11. Holeshot

Under slab sewer re-pipe

Thank you. Yes, I rather not rip up the tile and concrete foundation. I dug the 45 degree trench under the slab with a plan to install the new ABS at 45 degrees. Does the WC need a vent if it's only about 5'? Problem with the 45 degree trench for the WC and bathtub is, I still have to dig for...
  12. Holeshot

Under slab sewer re-pipe

What would be the best way to route the vent pipes and sewer lines under the slab.
  13. Holeshot

Schedule 40 PVC vs. Schedule 40 Foam Core

Wow! Only one person knew what's up with foam core vs solid core!
  14. Holeshot

Air chamber--drop elbow vs drop tee?

Air chambers can be drained. Air chambers should not be compared to a drinking straw. Shock absorbers have o-rings that will eventually fail and could toxic like other old o-rings that melts on our fingers turning it black. But some are saying air chambers can't be recharged? Yes, if the lines...
  15. Holeshot

Toto Drake: no glaze in trapway?

Most people are too lazy to check details on products or skills. That's one of the reasons the US quality of products are no longer the industry leader. There's very few Americans that pay attention to detail. You can see the laziness/doesn't care right here on this forum and I don't blame them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks