Recent content by Gtrshop

1. Gtrshop

Sand Point Well; pump losing prime

We tested a new pump on the well. Didn't resolve aything. Pulled the pipe off the top of the well and dropped a string down it. We got to 16 or 17 feet and were stopped. A blockage or something. The next day we got a 4,000PSI pressure washer and blaster it down, removing the blockage (iron algae...
  2. Gtrshop

Yesterday morning water stopped flowing completely. We are bailing water from a neighbour into our tub, and using a siphon line to feed into tot he pump to pressurize tank so we can function. Another pump is being brought over tonight to see if the pump has quit, or just doesn't have the ability...
  3. Gtrshop

Sand points are the norm here. I will not be staying here more than 5 years, so puitting in a dug or drilled well isn't going to happen. Can't afford that anyways.
  4. Gtrshop

By pulling the screen, you mean pulling the sand point UP? That is definitely not in my skill set. As of 6AM this morning we are unable to get any water out of well. Prime, re prime. Nothing coming into house. What is a BIO Clog? How much do people usually charge for something like this? I've...
  5. Gtrshop

If that's the case, that iron algae is clothing the screens, what do, what can I do about it? And, how long does the "repair" last?
  6. Gtrshop

This is a problem I've been dealing with for some time. I have a pump mounted on top of my water tank in the basement of my home. The inlet line runs 20' or 25' horizontally from where the line enters the house to the inlet of the pump (a Simler? Simer?). From where it enters the house to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks