Recent content by Erniek

1. E

Leaky Lavatory

Yes sir it is the wall bend and it is about 1 1/2 inches outside the trap reach. So I guess I get to get to chisel away at the hub and hope for the best. Too bad it is so tight and so new...not sure how it didn't leak from the get go. Thanks again.
  2. E

Leaky Lavatory

Yes sir, you are right...just thin enough to melt but not puncture. I planned on scoring the hub and hope I can chip it off. It is tight to the wall. It is the wall bend that is off...missed it by that much! I dislike using a lot of offsets so I will just go ahead and glue a 1/16 bend in the...
  3. E

Leaky Lavatory

Noticed a leak under the elderly neighbors lavatory where the tailpiece enters the trap adapter. Tailpiece was jammed in at an angle (rough is about 1 inch off, outside of trap reach). Short of chiseling the fitting off (hub is tight to drywall) can I possibly heat a plastic tailpiece enough...
  4. E

Washing Machine in Basement?

Thanks for the advice...You know I used to work with some plumbers out of Springfield Mass. years ago. The McCormicks I believe....mechanical contractor outfit. Boy those were some cold days!
  5. E

The sewer discharge is 10 foot AFF...1 foot below floor joists. I think a pump is the only way...but I would like to install a utility sink also. Although there are no water problems now, I am wondering if a sump pit would be better in the long run. Thanks for the help
  6. E

Gentlemen, I just purchased a house with an 11 ft deep basement. Discharge to the septic is at the 10 ft mark, no other plumbing in the basement. I would like to put the washing machine in the basement. Can I use a small lift station set up or should I cut a sump pit in the floor? A pit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks