Recent content by elgato

1. elgato

Rectorseal Backflow Valve

Thank you for taking the time to help. Could you tell me specifically what you have or send a pic? Thanks again.
  2. elgato

Rectorseal support insists they are no longer available. They are out of stock at online sites that list them. Any idea how to get the 96981 flapper?
  3. elgato

Is the EBV-431F the Rectorseal 97034 that uses the 96980 flapper? That is called the New Style. They insist that the 96980 will not work with the Old Style which is what I have. It would be interesting to see if the tube assembly with the 96980 attached would drop into my Old Style T. Thank You...
  4. elgato

I have a Rectorseal Clean Check Back Flow valve that needs replacement. It is basically a tube about 2' long that has the back flow flapper attached. The plastic or rubber flapper has become stiff and causes blockage. The plumbing and base assembly are 2' down under a concrete porch. Normally...
  5. elgato

3" PVC Repair Coupling

Would this also apply to 3" ABS or does ABS glue give you more time? Thanks
  6. elgato

Bathroom Sink Slow Drain

This sink has always drained slow even with new under sink trap etc. Slow and acts like it has a venting problem. Is there something wrong with this plumbing?
  7. elgato

Toto Promenade Fill Valve 2016?

I just installed the 528MP. It is quiet and fills reasonably fast. The bowl level seems fine at the full open position. The big boxes here have a wall full of Fluidmasters and two or three Korkys. Thanks for your help and time.
  8. elgato

Wow, Thanks for the fast response and the picture. That is the valve I have. The local Toto dealer sells the TSU99A.X for $24. So you guys recommend the 528MP over this one or the 528's that say they are specifically for Toto? What about the "PRO" Terry mentioned in another post? Thanks again...
  9. elgato

We have a Toto Promenade that is about 4 years old. The original fill valve looks a bit different from most that I have seen. It has a flat blade screw adjustment knob coming out of the top. There are a lot of older threads recommending various versions of the Korky 528. GT, T, Pro, etc. and...
  10. elgato

Toto Drake Question

You guys were right about the fill tube. The clip had come loose and it was up against the outside of the tube. I had looked in the tank to check for a water level adjustment and just did not notice it. Embarassing. Thanks again to everyone for the advice and recommendations. I really hope the...
  11. elgato

Toto Drake Question

I did not mention my concern about the tiny water surface area to the users. Today after some real world testing they said "its ok but you have to brush it after every use". They have never had any issues with the Promenade. This is a major problem. Is it normal for this bowl? In other Toto's...
  12. elgato

Toto Drake Question

Thank you for the responses. I went ahead and finised the install. The quality, fit and finish are excellent and the Drake is very nice looking. The flush seems to be comparable to the 1.6's. I have a Ultramax 1.6 and the other toilet at this house is a Promenade 1.6. I noticed that the water...
  13. elgato

Toto Drake Question

I purchased a Toto Drake from a local plumbing supply. The Drake 2 was tempting but I decided to stay with the Drake 1 just for the 1.6 gallon Gmax. The bowl is a C744EL. As I was about to install the tank I noticed that it is a 1.28 gallon (ST743E) Does the combination of the C744EL and...
  14. elgato

Copper Service Line Replacement?

The copper is almost 35 years old and would be disconnected at both ends if we replace the valve so I just thougt it would be a good idea to replace it while it is uncovered. Even a schedule 80 male into a copper female is not a good idea? The current temp fix is a 6" nipple with a PVC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks