Recent content by Duane Smith

1. Duane Smith

Accepting Credit Cards for Payment

I would check into the fee for using credit cards. I once was told that this was illegal. Another option is to open up a Paypal account. Most everyone has internet and most everyone has heard of ****/paypal.
  2. Duane Smith

I need your help

Yes no no maybe maybe I already think there is a product that will control the water flow if sudden increase . No clue what it was but I know Carpet cleaners have been using it for years on hose breaks.
  3. Duane Smith

sidewalk

Heres the situation got a sidewalk that needs replacing. Havent seen it all yet but from what I know it is 40ft long subject to snow/ice/freeze/thaw. I plan on probly replacing all of it. My thoughts on this would be to break up whats there and remove. Frame and pour. I was talking to...
  4. Duane Smith

tap water got very rusty

What kinda plumbing system? We had same problem growing up as a kid Galvanize steel plumbing.
  5. Duane Smith

Hi Guys, need your help with 500G of missing water

Actually if you get out of USA and into some of the lower income area ie honduras they have a trash can for tp. Systems cant handle the sledge from both or somthing. Maybe size if the pipe. You can find hotels that been built to USA standards where it doesnt matter how much tp you dump down.
  6. Duane Smith

Mystery flood need ideas

There are companies that have cams to determine where water is pooling up/moisture content. That may help with standing water. I know water restoration uses them alot. I think you may have to open up part of ceiling to see whats going on.
  7. Duane Smith

Indian Plumbing

Spent a week in Honduras. In the hotel shower was a electric heater to turn on to get hot water. If it got too hot you turn it off. Nothing like messing around with electricity while taking a shower.
  8. Duane Smith

mysterious leak

Air compressor is actually a pretty good idea. At moment they shut valve off at road before and after each service.
  9. Duane Smith

mysterious leak

Talking to somone at church today and they said somone came out that "specalize in leak detection". 1 hour each way without taking the traffic into account. He spent an hour doing what he does (i guess). Didnt find anything nor did he charge. Getting water dept out to replace meter is next...
  10. Duane Smith

mysterious leak

Thats a good question Ill have to check that out. Guessing from my side of fence its probly plastic?
  11. Duane Smith

mysterious leak

No ground moisture present. Its under all that black ashalt.
  12. Duane Smith

mysterious leak

Local church has a problem streching 400 ft long. Seems with all valves turn off in church the meter still keeps turning. So much bills in 2-300 per month. This is a small church of about 80 active members so thats alot of water running. The can turn meter off at road and it quits turning...
  13. Duane Smith

Polybutylene pipe - questions on "PB2110M"

I am by no ways advocating anything but..... 3 claims on your insurance company and little persuasion might convince them to replace it all for you. I know of a family that went through the same thing. Only thing left is main line going into home from street. Ins paid for new piping...
  14. Duane Smith

Prep to paint cement floor.

Muratic acid will take care of it. Little caustic want to wear rubber gloves. There are other items that will remove it. Check with a few flooring guys.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks