Recent content by djlazar

1. djlazar

Ventilation for 2 bathrooms/1 roof penetration?

Commercial buildings do this all the time, having one big exhaust fan sucking air out of several bathrooms. The problem would be the extreme cost of this project and the fact that it would be a pain in the ass. If you have an exhaust fan in your attic, it will surely go bad after a few years...
  2. djlazar

Toilet flange extender, do they work

Just a little FYI for everyone, Pampers wipes clog the toilet pretty easily. Sam's Club wipes flush pretty well. That $10 toilet auger from Lowes works quite well. And I found that Zurn flange. Thanks!!
  3. djlazar

Too late. Rust marks on the bottom of my wife's new Toto. :(
  4. djlazar

Crawl space, fortunately. Rusty cast iron pipe, unfortunately. I've seen pictures on this site of some waxless wax ring things which look like a pipe you glue to the bottom of the toilet, with a gasket at the bottom of the pipe that looks like it goes into the existing pipe. I don't know...
  5. djlazar

My wife had Home Depot install tile flooring in her bathroom before I married her. The toilet started clogging soon after. It's a Toto Drake, if that makes a difference, and I couldn't get a snake down it, so I took it off. The toilet flange is over 2 inches down from the finished floor with...
  6. djlazar

Is this legal, or will it at least work? Bath rough-in

Thanks! I read that pdf. Wish I would have read it before I started.
  7. djlazar

I know what the code book says. Don't really give a damn about the code book. I was going to go up about a foot, then 90 over (with a slope) to the vent for the toilet/sink. I was just wondering if anyone saw a potential problem, other than the drain clogging and the vent getting full of...
  8. djlazar

Okay, did my homework, can't find it. With a 2 inch drain pipe, how far away from the trap can the vent be? It goes from horizontal to vertical after about 2 1/2 to 3 feet away from the trap right now. Here's my plan, someone tell me if there is a problem with this. I plan on cutting out...
  9. djlazar

How far downstream of the trap is it supposed to be vented? (i could have just googled it but it's easier to just ask)
  10. djlazar

That 2 inch is actually a drain for a sink as well as the vent. Does that make a difference? And what about the tub? The bathtub has that little vent thing on it. I thought that was the vent for the tub.
  11. djlazar

I see your point about the tee. I didn't do my homework before doing that. That would be easy to dig back up. What about that shower drain? It comes up from the main pipe about a foot then 90s over to the bathtub p trap about 4 feet over. Is that going to cause me problems draining? (I...
  12. djlazar

The reason I went with the 2 inch vent is because I wanted to make the wall a 2x4 wall. Plumber said it was okay to have the vent pipe 1/2 diameter of the toilet pipe. Probably should have done 3 inch for the toilet, but the existing one was 4 inch so I replaced what was there.
  13. djlazar

Here's another picture. That 2 inch elbow in the background comes up from the main drain line and 90s over to a shower drain. The 2x6 is an old wall that got cut out and replaced. The 2 inch vent pipe goes up through the wall. So what's the worst case scenario and how should it be fixed...
  14. djlazar

I did this a year ago and just went back and looked at the pictures. Should I have put a long sweep 90 on the toilet going to the main line? I forgot what my reasoning was at the time but it probably wouldn't have fit and I didn't want to do any more digging...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks