Recent content by DeanK

1. DeanK

Back to back toilets; differential height between the two rooms

I thought I would bump this now that I am back on the project. I have a straight forward question--- Did they originally vent the toilet because the bidet used to sit between it and the rest of the drain (and main vent)? Without the bidet there, do I need to keep the separate vent for the...
  2. DeanK

No response, so I will muse a little. What if I made the existing vent more like a main stack? Cut the main waste about where it disappears from view; connect new ABS with Fernco. Connect a new vertical to the main waste with a wye--about where the cleanout is in the line now. (I could...
  3. DeanK

Just to finish the sequence. A couple of comments: -picture 6 is the end of the main soil/waste where the shower and sink from the master bath connect. Sink has its own vent in outside wall. -picture 7 shows the vent for the toilet hookup, and picture 8 shows the toilet vent hitting the main...
  4. DeanK

So to provide more information, I've posted a series of pictures starting with the leak at the bottom of the stack vent. Because of the height difference, the soil line makes a 90 degree turn horizontally (this is where the damaged vent is); then comes back over top of the main soil and waste...
  5. DeanK

First post for a complicated problem. I have a '60s house with copper waste lines. The master en-suite was originally was plumbed with toilet and bidet against the wall. Complicating matters--the master en suite actually extends into the next section of the house (which is two steps down) so it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks