Recent content by Crust

1. Crust

How to adapt a 1.25" tailpipe to a 1.5" trap adapter in the wall?

Ok, I figured it out, there seems to be a flaw with the washers I had. I got the same brand but from another store and they are slightly smaller and so fit snugly on the pipe. At this point I have done all the plumbing on my new bath and I'm quite happy with the result. Learned quite a bit...
  2. Crust

Thanks for the replies, well the faucet / drain / sink (and rest of bath) are brand new so there wasn't an old tailpiece to use. However, I got the 1.5 x 1.25 adapters (and they did come in the trap adapter kit) from the plumbing supply. But it still doesn't seem right. The faucet/drain is a...
  3. Crust

Thanks I didn't see the reducer at the HD, so I'll try the plumbing supply in the morning. Or is this a regular PVC reducer (i.e not one of those thin plastics that they make the trap adapter from)?
  4. Crust

I have purchased some new sinks/drains and the tailpipe is 1.25". Coming out of my wall is a 1.5" piece of PVC with the trap adapter solvent welded in place. There isn't enough room to cut it and replace it. So my question ... is there any sort of coupling or part that would allow me to...
  5. Crust

Copper nipple coming out of wall just a hair short

I went ahead and cut a slightly larger hole in the wall, cut it, and then sweated a new coupler and stem so I have a pipe of the proper size. The best I could come up with was to slightly enlarge the hole (it is maybe 1.5" diameter for 0.5" pipe) and the sort of stuff my asbestos rag around the...
  6. Crust

I'm thinking that might be the best idea ... just to make an assembly in the garage and then sweat the entire assembly onto the nipple coming out of the wall ....
  7. Crust

Thanks for the replies. I should have been a bit more clear. I have the cabinets, but they are neither drilled out for the plumbing nor installed. So I can still change the plumbing, extend, shorten, etc. I decided not to sweat on a new fitting because I cannot have it too long. I looked at...
  8. Crust

I'm remodeling my bathroom and have purchased new cabinets. With the cabinets against the wall, the inside of the back cabinet wall (1/4" ply) is about 1" from the sheetrock. The problem is that the copper pipe coming out of the wall is short so when I put on the valve, it does not stick out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks