Recent content by C.Chase

1. C.Chase

WH extra-circulation line?

May I ask how would you configure the return line pipe between heater drain T & pump? 1-is it okay new return line going out sideways from T (previous went down-see pic) 2-Check valve goes between red water on/off & pump... But where? If you look at the picture, there's not quite room for...
  2. C.Chase

Thanks again for all the helpful information :)
  3. C.Chase

Guess it was installed properly, was being past tense... Anyways, The Plumber was very nice, even though when I mentioned the re-circulation line was gravity draining /non-powered convection he looked at me like I was nutty. Haha I will get in touch with him re check valve, hopefully this can...
  4. C.Chase

The"U" in top picture was the original configuration and the gravity circulation was working really good.... The new configuration does not have the U. Or is my idea of the U different than what the actual U is?
  5. C.Chase

I'm not sure but how does the check valve cause the hot water to run out? Or the water to run cold? I can't seem to locate any information about what exactly the importance of the check valve is. I only noted that in the original configuration there was a check valve, and now there isn't and of...
  6. C.Chase

About my pump- quite old!! It's a grundfos up15-18sf 1/25hp & was discontinued in 2009!!! It has a replacement pump grundfos up15-29sf For $300. Ouch. My pump does use a cartridge, which is available @$95. *Does anyone know if I can change cartridge and pump will work? Is it that simple? * And...
  7. C.Chase

*Pict of new piping configuration. ---> does anyone see any issues with this new plumbing?? *I just realized he removed check valve- is that a problem? New WH in, BW URG250T6N & circulation line with pump, re-plumbed to new drain- plumbing reconfiguration between tank drain and pump.(bottom...
  8. C.Chase

I learned more, yes it was actually installed as Gravity hot water recirculating loop! Natural convection drives the system. And it has been working without pump quite well. *Previous homeowner added pump but don't know why, except maybe wanted hot even faster. Current plan is to just repipe...
  9. C.Chase

Thanks, I will check out that pump! In the meantime I just read an article that stated a circulation pump does not save the homeowner any money. http://www.treehugger.com/clean-technology/ask-pablo-will-a-water-saving-hot-water-recirculation-pump-really-save-me-money.html "The reason for...
  10. C.Chase

jadnashua, I'm hoping very little pipe reconfiguration will be needed. I moved a cabinet out that was beside WH platform, to allow for easier access... But I understand what you are saying. I will discuss with Plumber. *Also, I don't know for sure the pump is functional since I can't recall WHY...
  11. C.Chase

Gary, idk that a timer was possible, & I'm with you on instant hot water! However it's been hot fast without. The pump was installed in 2000. I'm assuming, when previous owner had new WH installed. It was turned off for years back in mid 2000s... Then back on, it was working. Then I unplugged...
  12. C.Chase

The Plumber I'm going with fully stands behind the WH he's providing& installing, and backs up the warranty. &All Plumbers I spoke with, stated that they covered their own work for 1year.
  13. C.Chase

Thanks for advice. I assume pump works. Is it good idea to keep that line in? Get it re-plumbed into new WH? Do I even need the hot water on a loop? Water is delivered fairly fast to farthest faucet. I did not know the Plumber not responsible for WH I provide... Thanks so much for tip!! Re...
  14. C.Chase

Hi, I've just had a crash course in WH's! Thanks to everyone in this forum, lots of helpful information!! Currently, getting estimates on replacing this nearly 17yr WH, Rheem Ngas 50g, it started gushing out the bottom- where the blue meets the white tank in pict-- I never did any kind of drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks