Recent content by Brokersdad

1. Brokersdad

The chicken crossed the road

Here's kind of a funny one to ask a friend. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the idiot's house. A couple minutes later, say "Knock Knock". he says who's there? your reply...the chicken. :)
  2. Brokersdad

Iron filter before or after

Ph =7.06 Alkalinity (mg/l) =34 Hardness (mg/l) = 152 Iron (mg/l) = 5.73 Magnesium (mg/l) = 7.15 Manganese (mg/l) = 0.23 Sulphate (mg/l) = 30.60 Had my water softner rebedded a year ago and my water is livable, just thinking it would be nice to get rid of the smell.
  3. Brokersdad

Ok thanks for the replies. I didn't think the Iron filter after the Softner would make much sense. Just to be clear also on the Green sand filter if I did go that route..that should also be before the Softner correct? I believe that's what you were saying Reach4 but wanted to be clear you...
  4. Brokersdad

/I had a new well drilled about a year or so ago and my iron is about 5, magnesuim is higher than desires. I had my softner guy here the other day and we were talking about the rotten smell I get and some staining still happening. We started talking of options I have to treat this, one being...
  5. Brokersdad

Latest Water Results..now how to treat ?

Thank you..i'll take a look at it
  6. Brokersdad

Yes i do have it in both. I have 2 new hot water tanks and I left the Anode rods in so i'm sure thats contributing. I mentioned the iron filter for this reason. The well I was on before had really bad iron (19ppm) and also smell, bad Ph. A company installed it and it cleared my water up very...
  7. Brokersdad

I just had my raw water tested and the results are the following. I currently have a 1.5 cft fine mesh resin tank but it's about 10 years old and isn't handling the water very well. I have a 1.5 bath house, 3 ppl living in the house and 2 horses (in barn :D ) for pets. We do have a corner...
  8. Brokersdad

Is this a drain? (above water softner loop)

Think i'd take the end off of it and go to other areas of the house and run some water to see if you can hear it passing by the pipe to make sure it was in fact some type of drain. Who knows what people do when building
  9. Brokersdad

Question: Geothermal Vertical Closed Loop

What company do you sell for gdgraham?
  10. Brokersdad

Drain Cleaning Tips!

In the past I had my kitchen and dishwasher drain plug that it would no longer drain (didn't give me much warning either) . I cut the very end off my drain pipe, inserted an air hose running from my air compressor and started blowing air through it...(make sure any sinks in this line have the...
  11. Brokersdad

WSI-CI Clack Valve

So is the only way you are really suppose to be able to get parts is if you buy a new system from a authorized dealer, and have that dealer come to your house when something is wrong and he/she fixes it?
  12. Brokersdad

WSI-CI Clack Valve

Thanks for the reply Gary. It is a private sale, seller says they bought it , never installed it. I'm waiting to hear back from them any details they know about it and what price they are asking for it, the add just says new never installed, 5ft high X 12 inches wide. So am I correct to say then...
  13. Brokersdad

WSI-CI Clack Valve

Are they a good valve? I know of a system for sale privately thats brand new, never hooked up and i've been looking at getting into a newer unit from my Autotrol that's 20 years old. I am assuming this is the entry level clack valve? Any prices on what a new valve sells for approx ?
  14. Brokersdad

Copper leach ?

Not even going to open my mouth because it's asking for trouble if I do! lol. I plan on re-plumbing actually. Don't know if i'm kean on it but I bought pex pipe to redo the whole house about 6 months ago, just havent done it yet. Now that the staining is gone, if the copper wouldn't still be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks